Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Surrey Hills, Barry knows best.
  • hora
    Free Member

Just noticed some vids of doubles/jumps in Peaslake??

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sensibly hidden away * but can be a shock if you are not expecting them

* until one appeared in the middle of supernova!

And normally with chicken lines for mincers like me!!

jakeyo1
    Free Member

What other tails are there on Holmbury hill. Apart from yogurt pots and telegraph?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Not many TBH, best stuff is further out but there are several ways down to Peaslake and Holmbury, keep the faith for example.

deadkenny
    Free Member

There are various little bits of fun around Holmbury other than the tourist trails, but just involves a fair bit of fireroad climb to link them up, and they’re not Pitch Hill style singletrack. A little more raw and rooty.

Holmbury is an option though if you prefer dry trails when it’s wet 😉

@hora – doubles & jumps in Peaslake itself? Trudy been jumping off the roof of the shop? 😀

jakeyo1
    Free Member

Thanks, Im going to head to Pitch Hill or Leith on wends. Never been before so hopefully I find some trails.

mattjg
    Free Member

Thanks, Im going to head to Pitch Hill or Leith on wends. Never been before so hopefully I find some trails.

Easiest – Leith Hill, stand with your back to the Tower serving hatch so facing broadly east. 20 metres down the hill, to the left, is the entrance to Summer Lightning 2.

After the first 2 sections take the broad track uphill ahead of you (not through the gate, not back to the Tower), about 150 metres up that, on the right, just around the bend, is the rest of SL2.

There’s plenty more but that’s easiest to find and will keep you busy for a while, it’s sessionable IMO.

mattjg
    Free Member

> * until one appeared in the middle of supernova!

Let’s not start that one again! 🙄

jakeyo1
    Free Member

Thank you. I will let you know how I get on.

deadkenny
    Free Member

mattjg – Member
    > * until one appeared in the middle of supernova!

Let’s not start that one again! 🙄

Wait until someone stacks it on the new improved Fly Tipper, not expecting the size of the gaps now 😉

Actually, seen a few times now people flying down it and pull up going “oh shit!” realising one particular gap is now somewhat different 😀

mattjg
    Free Member

Actually, seen a few times now people flying down it and pull up going “oh shit!” realising one particular gap is now somewhat different

Yow. Am not a jumper myself and this kind of thing puts me off starting, I’d have to case every trail every time to be sure.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Fly tipper caught me out when the big gaps first arrived too! Ditto some of the jumps on the trails to the RHS of Eric on pitch.

I was riding supernova in the gloom just as “that jump” was being built. Just missed a big stack on that!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills, Barry knows best.’ is closed to new replies.