Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Superstar switch hubs instructions
  • Scapegoat

Either my Google-Fu has evaporated, or all the links to Switch hub instructions I can find online are dead. I need to put new bearings in some original Switch hubs. Has anybody got any working links to online instructions, or the instructions in a PDF they can email me please? Failing that a step by step guide?

I’ve managed to remove the threaded cap from the NDS, but don’t know what I need to replicate this on the driveside ie how to immobilise the axle.

Edit. SSC aren’t answering the phone this morning……

steezysix
    Free Member

YGM!

Scapegoat

Thanks steezysix

granny_ring

Would you mind sharing the info? Would be handy for future fiddling. 🙂

dave-c
    Free Member

I could really use a copy as well if anyone is able to share them. Also, do you know what bearings I need? I’ve been hunting all over the place for this information too.

Scapegoat

6802 front, 6902 rear.

The front needs two and the rear needs four, two in the hub, two in the freehub.

emailed you both with PDFs
    Cheers

Scapegoat

@steezysix

YGM back…… The NDS end cap screws off with cone spanner flats, the driveside had 17mm spanner flats, and neither end cap will take a 5mm wrench. I can remove the NDS, but cannot immobilise the axle to remove the driveside end cap. Does the axle take an 11mm hex?

jairaj

I presume you are talking about the rear hub? What axle do you have?

If standard QR I think you need 5mm allen keys in both sides to undo. If through axle then use cone spanners.

I think the drive size cap is attached to the axle, so take the non drive side cap off and then tap the axle through the hub with a hammer and screwdriver.

Scapegoat

Ah, that would make sense. They are QR endcaps, but despite all instructions to the contrary, these don’t take a 5mm hex- I’ve tried.

If I try to knock the axle through, it will take the freehub with it…is that right??

Scapegoat

Yep, the freehub body came out with the axle.

Scapegoat

Oh, and sorry for the misinformation above. Front bearings are 6804, not 6802.

jairaj

For any one else. I’ve uploaded the PDF’s that Sueprstar gave me here:

http://1drv.ms/1OrAdZ8

There is a listing of bearing sizes for hubs and some very simple instructions for front and rear switch hub.

dave-c
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s a great help :D.

granny_ring

Cheers guys.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Superstar switch hubs instructions’ is closed to new replies.