Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Superstar Sintered pads
  • sq225917
    Free Member

Jesus christ, 100 miles out of a set of pads. WTF do you ever let go of the lever?

MY BLT has over 800 miles on the rear pads…

tomlevell

Nah I just ride around with the brakes on.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t think the issue is braking too much to cause premature wear – downhill I use the brakes on the tandem a lot and get really long life – thousands of miles. If anything the opposite is true

andylux
    Free Member

Dear All,

Have any of you who use these pads found that they are thicker than the pads from other manufacturers?

Its just that I’ve fitted some to my juicy 7 and it is bloody hard to get the disc between the pads.
    This is after I have pushed the pistons back in and backed off the red pad adjuster knob on the lever.

nickc

Yep, I’ve found they do have more material.

gator
    Free Member

For the money – buy some – try some

You will know how you bedded them in
    You will know the use they got
    You will know the conditions they were used in
    You will know how long they last
    You will know if they make a noise

You will be able to make your own mind up from that !

owenfackrell
    Free Member

andylux – Member
    Dear All,

Have any of you who use these pads found that they are thicker than the pads from other manufacturers?

Its just that I’ve fitted some

I thought that when i just got some for my new xt’s but i still have plenty of clerance on those (the main reason i changed from avids to be honest)

Stoner
    Free Member

The best pads Ive used have been XTR OEM sintered. One set lasted nearly a year and a half and I only swapped them out when they got really thin, but not even completely worn out.

However, their RRP is now £45! and even if they do last that long I cant justify the cost. So I use Imperial pads from MTB Direct at the moment. Seem to be lasting OK for the price but power isnt all that good. I expect to get 3-6 months out of a set.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Sintered pads’ is closed to new replies.