Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Superstar nano pedals – same as what others?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Which pedals are teh same as these? knoa wah wah, nukeproof, any others (through screw ones)

How are they performance/grip wise compared to welgo mg1s (welgos are a lot lighter so performance would have to be shit hot)

stevede
    Free Member

Ht components do pedals that are the same as nanos.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Doug at basque mtb has a good review comparing nanos with electrons. Some important differences. I’m getting on well with electrons though it took a couple of rides to get used to the very different feel.

GW
    Free Member

HT make them all

rob-jackson
    Free Member

buzz – what is different feel wise??

rob-jackson
    Free Member
    GHill

HT AN01 are the catalogue pedal a lot of places get branded up.

Exotic (carbon cycles) is one of the cheapest, seen them for about £20 on eBay.

chrisjnr
    Free Member

These are identical to Nano Techs, and in the flesh they actually have ‘HT’ decals 🙂

http://www.readytoridecycles.co.uk/pedals-82-c.asp

and yeah, Carboncycles sell identical ones…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

heavy aren’t they

bigbloke
    Free Member

I have the Nukeproof Neutron pedal, used to have DMR V12 but prefer the Nukeproofs, seem to grip just as well and i like the slightly lower profile.

chrisjnr
    Free Member

I’ve heard bad things about both MG1’s and Nano Techs… I’d personally prefer the colour to stay on my pedals, but that shouldn’t be a problem with the Wellgo’s if you get them in silver 😛

Oh and the Nano’s look a jolly sight better IMHO.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

IIRC the electron is different and cheaper to the proton/neutron pair (which are reg and thru pin versions of the same pedal).

never seen them in stock at carboncycles. Had MG1 and prefer the HT pedal (got it in 30 quid Wah Wah flavour). Seemed to offer more grip and support, possibly a combination of larger size, concave shape and pin location? And no, compared to say easton flat boys they arent heavy.

tron
    Free Member

There were some Fat Spanner flats in the bike shop that looked identical today.

Kona Wah Wah is pretty bloody similar but not as machined down.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

cruzheckler – Member
    JFGI

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

buzz – what is different feel wise??

Well, I’m used V12 copies and Slim Jims. Both of these grip just great with 5-10s and OK with my old hiking shoes (lugs fairly worn down). They both have a concave shape where the edge of the pedal is thicker than the middle, so you don’t really feel the axle housing.

The electrons are very different.

1. The body is nylon so hopefully I wont smash bits off, like the last set of V12 I destroyed with clumsy pedalling.
    2. They are really thin, especially at the edges. So you feel the axle housing which is pretty strange for the first couple of rides
    3. The pins are actually tiny nut and bolt arrangements, and they come loose! I nipped mine up nice and tight. They are hugely grippy in 5-10s and good with the hiking shoes.
    4. The axle looks really spindly so I don’t know if they are going to wear well or hold up to a bashing. But on the plus side, it all looks easily accessible for repairs.

And and they’re silly light too. And cheap. So I wont cry when they break.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

any more comments?

mandog

I prefer the grub screw nanos to the thru pin. the grub screws are longer and fatter.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Superstar nano pedals – same as what others?’ is closed to new replies.