Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • suggestions for loop in yorkshire dales
  • tobysdad
    Free Member

now then now then
    planning a ride in yorkshire in about two weeks, depsite being Leeds born and bred I’ve never rode up that way (now live in Nottingham). Was wondering if anyone would recommend some good routes, between 20/30 miles, good xc riding.
    Fire away

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Yorkshire is a big place – whereabouts are you thinking of ?

tobysdad
    Free Member

Thinking round Nidderdale, seems to crop up a lot in magazines.
    Southside of the Dales is where I’m thinking.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Nidderdale:

(click to make it bigger)

unsponsored
    Free Member

Did that one a couple of years back. Must have been the hottest day of the year. The tarmac was seriously melting. Supped 6L of water during the ride (managed to fill up the camelbak at the 1/2 way point). Almost saw me off. Haven’t been back!

Head a little further North towards Hawes or even Reeth and you’ll find loads of great stuff to have a go at.

South Side – Malham, and the Mastiles Road, it’s a must!

tobysdad
    Free Member

many thanks, fingers crossed for good weather in a weeks time

mrsflash
    Free Member

we did the one Simon posted on Sunday, we do it quite a lot, it’s a good ride. Best if you go out up the right of the resevoir as well as back that way though, as it’s just road all the way up to Ramsgill up on the left.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Also, the old granary tea shop (I think it’s called) is a good place for your after ride food – it’s oposite HSBC.

twohats
    Free Member

Aye, that’s a cracking loop that simonfbarnes has posted.

Best ridden in an anticlockwise direction too.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Really? We’ve always done it clockwise – you’d go up that cracking descent to Scarhouse doing it anticlockwise, and as Mick (firestarter) will probably tell you after his ride on Sunday, that’s just a silly idea.

twohats
    Free Member

Try it, there are lots of cracking descents the other way too.

tobysdad
    Free Member

did it today, weather was truly awful, I have had drier baths, but cheers again for the suggestion

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I have had drier baths

it was sunny here in Lancaster 🙂

tobysdad
    Free Member

I camped out in Nidderdale last night and got woken up at 5:45 by drizzle which had turned into a downpour by 7:00 which stuck around for hours
    As I drove back to Nottingham this afternoon there was nothing but hot hot heat and sunshine.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘suggestions for loop in yorkshire dales’ is closed to new replies.