Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • suggestions for a birthday gift for my misses…
  • enduro-aid
    Free Member

looking for ideas for a birthday gift for my misses nothing too nuts as she has said she doesnt want anything just a day out i.e late lunch with drinks, but still want to get her somthing and im stuck

been together almost 4 years and ive done the usual things already…perfume, clothes, gadgets, shiney things etc etc she has all she wants really. were going to a couple of shows over the next month and going on holiday in november so there out

thinking small 100 quid max (were currently doing up out first house)

suggestions??

Cougar

she has said she doesnt want anything just a day out

been together almost 4 years

Four years and you’ve not worked out when she’s lying yet?

NZCol

Underwear and a sex aid

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

aromatherapy session? Or something similar. voucher from you for a massage / be a slave for the day / whatever to be redeemed when she wants?

wwaswas

she has said she doesnt want anything just a day out

Everyone falls for that one once…

Cougar

Actually,

Spa session is a really good idea. Ticks the ‘day out’ box, and I’ve not yet met a woman who doesn’t like to be pampered.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

cougar i get that she is lying so that why im planning on getting something anyway

TJ she isnt really into the whole therapy(s) stuff doesnt do fancy nails or fake tans etc so thats out

and im crap at massages haha

RustySpanner

Over the past six or seven years, I have bought Ms Spanner the following badly received gifts:

A bivvy bag.
    A bike light.
    A Swiss Army knife.

She actually uses them all and has mostly stopped crying about it now.

Anyway, she bought me a lampshade for my birthday once.
    It wasn’t even a nice lampshade.

stumpy01

Spa/beauty therapy voucher?

Pandora bracelet and a couple of charms. Good pressie as it makes presents easy in the future, as you can always get another charm for it.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

her sister runs a spa in a posh hotel in town so she could have that pretty much anytime she wants (she doesnt) but you get my point

its bloody difficult

enduro-aid
    Free Member

i did think a pair of skis as she has been skiing now for a couple of years but thought thats the kind of gift i would like she would most likely think it was a crap gift

Cougar

Perhaps it’d help if you threw us a bone. What does she like?

camo16
    Free Member

Cougar +1

Got to know where to start, after all.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Does she read much?

tiny bit over budget but how about a Kindle

that’s which I’m getting my Wife for her birthday this year

enduro-aid
    Free Member

eh wine, food, shite tv, holidays, funky fashion i.e slightly unusal clothes with stars and skulls and guitars on them haha

likes unusal wee trinkets, like her purse is a red leather heart, which i thought was strange, wears a links of london sweetie charm bracelet (but ive previously bought her charms for this)

she isnt a girly girl doesnt go in for pampering or fake tans etc

enduro-aid
    Free Member

ohh how about a cooking lesson? or is that a bit like saying “you cant cook go learn”?

Stuey01
    Free Member

Shiny things always go down well with my wife, whether she needs them or not.

My suggestion, 2 tier present:
    – something shiny
    – something thoughtful (can be an experience rather than a thing, i.e. theatre trip, dinner at michelin starred restaurant – depends what she is in to.)

Can’t help you on the thoughtful thing, that has to come from you. Shiny thing, pilgrim jewelry always goes down well with my missus and is not too spendy.

stumpy01

she isnt a girly girl doesnt go in for pampering or fake tans etc

http://www.redletterdays.co.uk/Experience/Ref/XGLIA/An-Aerotow-Gliding-Flight

RustySpanner

enduro-aid – Member
    ohh how about a cooking lesson? or is that a bit like saying “you cant cook go learn”?

Yep, ‘fraid so.

Is she musical or artistic?
    Lots of options there.

Dolcered

what about a surprise overnight away, posh b&b, then have your lunch drinks there.

I got motorbike lessons one year, fab pressie, but cost me a fortune in the end up having to buy a bike and all 🙂

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member
    Cougar

I’m inherently sceptical of Pandora and, uh, the other one that sounds like an STD. Nice idea in theory, but massively overpriced and the novelty will wear off long before it gets anywhere near full.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

she plays the guitar but in all the time we been together ive never heard her play, she can go months without picking it up and then for no reason start playing again, but only when no one is around she doesnt like having to do things in public

enduro-aid
    Free Member

oh the wine club looks good and with any luck i might get to drink some of it

Skyliner
    Free Member

“Zulu-Eleven – Member
    http://www.harveynichols.com/oxo-tower-london-restaurant

+1 for Zulu’s recommendation.
    Have you taken your wife up the Oxo Tower yet? It’s been 4yrs!! 😆

(How do I use the “Quote” tab)?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

the novelty will wear off long before it gets anywhere near full.

Unfortunately for me the novelty only wore off for Mrs MM when it was full. She still gives me a nudge every time we walk past one of their shops. I think she is expecting more!

Cougar

What’s wrong with you man, she’s got two wrists.

(presumably)

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

make her some thing from pasta and glue.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

has mostly stopped crying about it now

I made that mistake once, she’d been complaining that her bike wasn’t setup right, brakes didnt work, that’s why she never rode it, etc.

So one new set of XT shifters, avid brakes and everything tewaked later I’m in the doghouse because apparently I should have known that’s not what she wanted (despite her not aking for anything else for months!).

Bikes now been unused since (8 months) and I’m planning on canibalising it for the singlespeed.

kayak23

I got my girlfriend a T-shirt with a sparkling picture of myself with my thumbs up, she loved it(although I’ve not noticed her wearing it too many times strangely)

Cougar

make her some thing from pasta and glue.

Remind me never to let you cook dinner.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘suggestions for a birthday gift for my misses…’ is closed to new replies.