Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • STW Scotland – Christmas Day ride.
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

OK folks – no biggie but I'll be going out for a ride on Christmas Day as usual.

I'll be setting off around midday from my parents' house in Spean Bridge for a couple of hours around Leanachan Forest prior to gluttony, inadvisable drinking, poker, rude scrabble and internecine squabbling.

If anyone is in the vicinity on the day, you're welcome to join me since it's usually just me (though my unused-to-exercise brother came last year and was in bed before the gluttony began).

13thfloormonk

Stuartie, I'll be back in Benderloch for 10 days from the 21st, definitely with a road bike and possibly with a mountainbike as well.

Christmas day is a bit of a no-no but you got any other days free?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Yup – I'll only have the mountain bike but I'll have lots of free time and since I have to telescope 3 months of Strathpuffer training into 3 weeks, I'll be mad for getting out.

Probably head up around the 22nd and I'll be around after Xmas for a few days as well.

I'll email you when I'm a bit more organised…

13thfloormonk

Good good, extra incentive to try and wrestle two bikes and a bag full of presents onto the West Coast line…

steviegil
    Free Member

I would love to come with you guy's for a blast but i reckon i would be like your brother Stuartie, as im only really in the process of getting myself into shape, shinty or squash mean bugger all once our halfway up a hill breathing out your arse 😆

On a serious note, outwith christmas day how brutal would the riding be for a novice?? 😀

jemima
    Free Member

I have to telescope 3 months of Strathpuffer training into 3 weeks, I'll be mad for getting out.

Tell me about it… I'm getting the fear (again)

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Steviegil,

Xmas day ride will be pretty relaxed. I'm not as fit as I'd like to be and Jemima's Fear is setting in a bit…

It's been a long time since I played shinty (Mackay Cup winners in 1980 with Lochaber…) but I reckon the fitness you have there will do just grand.

allyharp

I'd love to head out on a big xmas ride but it'll be something local for me. I'll be around Mugdock on the day.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘STW Scotland – Christmas Day ride.’ is closed to new replies.