• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Stunning photo in Sunday Times
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The pilot ejecting from his Harrier as it hit the deck. Truely stunning.

Anyone know if it’s online somewhere? I can’t find it

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Nice way to earn yourself a M-B Club tie :o)

Considering what’s sat under that wing though, I think would have been out of there pretty sharpish as well!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

that’s the one 🙂

tails
    Free Member

where did this happen? he looks like he left it a bit late?

tails
    Free Member

ahh i see that information is hidden in the photo.

Epic
    Free Member

That’s gotta hurt like **** 🙁 Equiv of being hit up the arse by a truck I’d imagine.

Hope it doesn’t shorten his career.

theotherjonv

does that chuck him high enough to deploy a parachute then? Any link to an article?

druidh
    Free Member

Epic – Member

That’s gotta hurt like **** Equiv of being hit up the arse by a truck I’d imagine.

Hope it doesn’t shorten his career.

It’ll have shortened something…

druidh
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member

does that chuck him high enough to deploy a parachute then? Any link to an article?

Yep. Zero/zero (altitude/velocity)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yes. Those ejection seats are designed to work at zero altitude, as far as I know.

[Edit] Damn you, Onion!!! Grrrr!

sparkywalts
    Free Member

He left it late because he had to move the plane out of the way of 8 civilians.

Good for him. I believe his chute did deploy.

franksinatra

Wouldn’t it be great if he didn’t need a parachute but instead he had a rocket pack on his back and could land super hero style beofre ripping off his flying suit which is covering a perfectly cut double breasted suit, before strolling off to the bar to get a vodka martini!

johnners
    Free Member

land super hero style beofre ripping off his flying suit which is covering a perfectly cut double breasted suit, before strolling off to the bar to get a vodka martini!

The RAF don’t do things like that. You’ll be wanting the Royal Navy…

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

at which stage did his sleeves get ripped off or do the RAF fly in short sleeves nowadays?

atlaz
    Free Member

Was always quite impressed with this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xuqIMr4m_o

Talk about calm after the storm. Takes a look back, lights a ciggie, off he goes.

sputnikboy
    Free Member

That is a navy harrier isnt it? I thought they were grey

Travis

text under photo

Hot Seat- RAF pilot blasts clear on his rocket-propelled ejector seat a split second before his Harrier jet is engulfed in flames at Kandshar airfield Afghanistan

D0NK

Was always quite impressed with this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xuqIMr4m_o

Talk about calm after the storm. Takes a look back, lights a ciggie, off he goes.
    I was going to say it’s a bit irrisponsible lighting up on an airfield, lots of fuel around and that. But they have just dropped 2 fireballs that used to be supersonic planes onto said airfield so if that hasn’t phased anyone a cpl of ciggies wont matter.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Stunning photo in Sunday Times’ is closed to new replies.