• This topic has 19 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Stung by a wasp recently? (i.e. first time since childhood)
  • hora
    Free Member

WHAT THE ****?

Wasp went into my mouth, stung my gum, the as I brushed/spat it out and it stung my lip in a couple of places (how?!).

I’ve not known such pain. I’m sure it didn’t hurt that much as a kid 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

you’re not supposed to eat them raw

RealMan
    Free Member

Don’t bees die after they sting someone, but wasps don’t?

Also, MTFU.

hora
    Free Member

Dental pain is the only thing that lays me low. Now wasp stings in the mouth…

..mummy 🙁

defaultslipper
    Free Member

I stood on one the other week after it hid in my carpet. I ended up ripping the stinger off the bugger. After removing the stinger my toe was buzzing for days. Don’t remember that prolonged pain but I have never heard of a wasp losing its stinger!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mother feckers, and should be removed from planet earth! Have no use whatsoever other than to
    1 ruin a picnic
    2 sting for no reason
    3 irritate my kids and subsequently me
    4 ruin my picnic!!
    And i feel your pain hora after being stung on the lip, but just the once, looked like pete **** burns!!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mother feckers, and should be removed from planet earth! Have no use whatsoever other than to
    1 ruin a picnic
    2 sting for no reason
    3 irritate my kids and subsequently me
    4 ruin my picnic!!
    And i feel your pain hora after being stung on the lip, but just the once, looked like pete **** burns!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

Got stung twice when I was younger, both times very close to the eye (crash helmet design). And the side of my face swelled up like John Merrick and took a few days to go down.
    Evil feckers those wasps, you have my sympathy.

uplink
    Free Member

I got stung repeatedly by one last year
    Fast twisty descent on my road bike & it got wedged under the edge of the material on my fingerless gloves & just kept stinging

I couldn’t take my hand of the brake to try & get rid of it

shindiggy
    Free Member

Sadly, without the bees/wasp we would loose a lot of our flowers/plants as they are responsible for a lot of the pollination.

Also, out of the various number of bee species only few die after they sting.

brakes
    Free Member

I got stung on the throat about a month ago when in a taxi, only the second time I’ve been stung
    was pretty mild, I think it was dying anyway as it didn’t seem to put much effort in

twosheds
    Free Member

49 and never stung by a wasp or a bee. Not bad eh?

Cougar

Sadly, without the bees/wasp we would loose a lot of our flowers/plants as they are responsible for a lot of the pollination.

Bees are, wasps pollinate bugger all of any value (unless you’re particularly into figs).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There was a young man from Dundee
    Who got stung on the leg by a wasp
    When asked if it hurt
    He said no, not a lot and it can do it again if it likes

(Spike Milligan I believe) 🙂

singletrackmind

Use some vinigar soaked on a cotton wool swab to help to try to neatralise the venom.
    I get a nasty swelling which grows over about 3 days and goes bright red.
    Might be a touch late, but it wont do any harm to try.

Cougar

I get a nasty swelling which grows over about 3 days and goes bright red.

Mate, I don’t think that’s wasps.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve also been shot point-blank in the mouth in paintballing and that was a dull thud compared!

Duke
    Free Member

IRBandito on here got shot in the balls right in open play, couldn’t raise his hand/gun to say he had been shot and got pummeled… oh how we laughed.

Hohum
    Free Member

Horrible wee things.

Stung once when I was a boy and I remember it being sore.

Stung about 3 years ago when I picked up a bag of bark chips at Homebase and the little bugger must have been hiding underneath and stung me about 4 times on the palm of my hand.

Made me feel quite queer for a while.

hora
    Free Member

IRBandito on here got shot in the balls right in open play, couldn’t raise his hand/gun to say he had been shot and got pummeled… oh how we laughed.

I dived to avoid being shot and landed my hip onto an exposed tree root. Boy it hurt. Oh that really hurt. No one respected a man down and I got it a fair few times in the back 😆

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Stung by a wasp recently? (i.e. first time since childhood)’ is closed to new replies.