Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Stumpjumper fsr evo carbon v zesty 714
  • nickyg1987
    Free Member

Sorry for being a pest!! I’ve now had a chance to get a go on both and I actually like both!! Tho my funds wouldn’t allow me to purchase both!! Can anyone help give me the biggest differences between them and positives and negatives that they found please??

Nicky

JCL
    Free Member

You’re riding the wrong size wheels on the Stumpy 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Both great bikes. What you want them for?

Probably just come down to colour really.

goatster
    Free Member

Stumpy evo is a great bike, my workmate has had one going for 12 months, various trips abroad, Scotland etc and it’s held/holding up really well. Only downside is Specialized bars and stem and the command post. Great warranty etc

The other is a Lappiere…

T

boriselbrus
    Free Member

If you like both bikes then get the Stumpy. Specialized warranty is superb, Lappierre is dire.

dan45a
    Free Member

Both great bikes and would be top of my short list as well. Assuming we are talking about 2013 models.

I prefer the contact points on the zesty, bars, stealth reverb, gobi saddle.

I prefer the fox 34 forks on the stumpy. (if your are intending going to the alps or doing the mega the 34 fork will pay off)

Which one can you get the best deal on? Zesty looks slightly better value at full rrp.

Otherwise if you are still stuck, just choose the one that looks the best to you…..

Good luck 🙂

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Command post, downside?
    Mines been faultless.
    Anyway, specialized, for the.warrantu alone.

nickyg1987
    Free Member

I want the bike to be able to go anywhere and dd a lot lol what’s pointing me towards the stumpy is the adjustable fork as well!! But also being told the zesty climbs great too!! I want to be able to fun fun and throw the bike about!! I don’t think I will ever push it to their limits!!

Northwind

Haven’t ridden the latest Zesty, previous one was fantastic. Stumpy Evo is stunning in alu, so hopefully just as stunning or stunninger in carbon.

There’s not a wrong answer here tbh. Think I’d go for the stumpy, not sure it’s better but it had a bit more of that feeling of specialness- if I had one criticism of the Zesty it was that it didn’t really sparkle, it just got on with things, whereas the Stumpy doesn’t just do impressive, it feels impressive too.

Which one do you like the look of more?

matt1986
    Free Member

I’d go stumpy the zesty is a nice bike but the warranty isn’t great and getting the right sized head set can be a right ballache

chipsngravy
    Free Member

I ride a 2012 Zesty 714. The ride is great but I’m not too chuffed with the excessive wear from cable rub. Whilst cable rub is part of he norm I do think carbon Lapierres are more prone to this than other brands.

http://lapierreownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2170

Go for the Specialized, after sales service / warrant issues will be far better than Lapierre.

My next bike won’t be a Lapierre.

NormalMan

I haven’t ridden either but do own a fs Spesh. Seeing as both appeal I would opt for the Spesh on warranty and customer service reputation.

nickyg1987
    Free Member

Cheers fellas!! That’s it then stumpy it is!! Thank you for all the help and I will let use know how I get on!! 😀

nickyg1987
    Free Member

So I now have the stumpy ordered!! Exciting times ahead!! 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper fsr evo carbon v zesty 714’ is closed to new replies.