Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Strava Stalker
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I joined Strava last year mainly just to track my rides (used to use Endomondo but it was unreliable) as you’d expect I have followed a few local guys I ride with and my local club. I’m no racer or anything not ever likely to challenge anyone but: I am being followed by some guy in Illinois who keeps giving me “Kudos” even for my most lame and tame rides and now he’s following my local club as well (Stirling…) anyone else have similar experiences?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Nope. Sounds very scary to me 😀

slowjo
    Free Member

I know someone like this….he rides his bike to the pub and gets kudos. Best thing to do is ignore.

wwaswas

Maybe he’s on a mission from God?

footflaps

Not the same Illinois Strava stalker who killed an entire cycling club in Surrey last year? IIRC they never caught him….

boxelder

I have 4 ‘kudos givers’ two of whom I’ve never met and know nowt about.

Jamie
    Free Member

IIRC they never caught him….

…or his evil twin.

Harry_the_Spider

I had one of those. You can block them.

kcal

VeloViewer? I’ve had a couple of odd Kudos from clearly unknown folk, not really a problem just a bit odd.

wwaswas

Have you had a car like this following you round broadcasting encouragement?

mudshark
    Free Member

Michael Kenyon the Illinois Enema Bandit?

Only need to worry if you’re full of sh!t.

D0NK

What is kudos? I’d assumed it was just strava’s “like” flag, but is there another part to it? Do you get stuff if you give out the most kudos? 1 guy I know spams everyone with kudos for pretty much anything and even some of my really shoddy riding gets multiple kudos

wwaswas

some of my really shoddy riding gets multiple kudos

sympathy kudos?

dazh

I’ve got a South African stalker. No idea where he’s come from or why he’s giving me kudos. It’s like random twitter followers and people you’ve never met wanting to be your friend on facebook. Very odd.

mudshark
    Free Member

1 guy I know spams everyone with kudos

I guess he’s just hoping to get it back. He just needs a hug.

njee20
    Free Member

I made my account private once I started getting followed by a few people in the Middle East and Africa, for no apparent reason. You can remove them, and set your profile to private.

MrNice
    Free Member

I have previously given kudos to randoms due to looking at what other stw club members are doing and accidentally hitting the kudos button on the app 😳
    I apologize on behalf of my fat clumsy fingers if it was one of you lot.

hooli

My account is private and I don’t use my real name, the less my boss knows about me working from home the better 😆

bruneep

Fat fingers eh? and here’s me thinking we were an item?

Bastid

njee20
    Free Member

I follow/am followed by several STW members I don’t know in real life, I’m ok with that, and giving/getting Kudos from them, it’s proper randoms, with no link to me whatsoever that I find a bit weird!

Simon

What njee20 said, set privacy so you have to approve new followers. I’ve had requests from local riders I’ve never met (including a poster on this thread), I just ignore them.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

I gave myself ‘kudos’ for Not being on strava :mrgreen:

footflaps

I gave myself ‘kudos’ for Not being on strava

Hits imaginary Kudos button on non Strava app to show approval.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I had some bloke from Northumbria give me kudos on a local IOW ride. I dont know the guy, I’ve never lived in that part of the world and I cant see that he’s ridden on the IOW either. Very odd.

D0NK

I guess he’s just hoping to get it back. He just needs a hug.

When he (or anyone else) does something kudosworthy I’ll comment on it like a proper human being I won’t just tick a box 🙂

sympathy kudos?

aww shucks

gonzy
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have never forgiven you for this and I never will

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Cute 😳

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ok so how about a concerted STW effort to all follow each other’s randoms? just for a month or so and then drop them?

I have wondered about messaging him and just asking why me? but what if A. he’s just a nice guy and bit lonely or B. A crazed psycopath who wants to remove my fingernails or even convert me to 29er’s (shudder smiley)

orangeboy
    Free Member

Private account setting , you can still have followers just you have to approve them first
    And don’t use my real name and don’t start or end my garmin at my front door

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Strava Stalker’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM