Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Strava ebike
  • akira

Out today on the road bike and looking at results, should I be miffed that guy on mtb ebike taken KOM on about thirty climbs in the local area, it’s not marked as an ebike but he has a merida ebike. I’m nowhere near the top but feel bad for the guys who obviously bust a gut on a hill only to be beaten by a huge margin by an ebike. By comparison his downhill sections off road are much power down.

jam-bo

There is an ebike category. Report it if it bothers you

AD

Just flag his ride. There is an explanation box where you can point out the discrepancy between up and downhill times – easy!
    Although to be fair if he has taken out 30 KOM”s on an e-bike his ride has probably been flagged by now 😀

akira

I’d imagine the guys who previously held the KOM will report it. I have nothing against ebikes and it could just be he doesn’t realise he needs to put it under ebikes. Averaging 20mph up a 14% climb would be nice though 😈

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

but feel bad for the guys who obviously bust a gut on a hill only to be beaten by a huge margin by an ebike

Except they haven’t bee beaten really, cos the other blokes on a motor bike. So don’t worry.

akira

But I could move up one place from 3541 to 3540, bragging rights.

tomd
    Free Member

Round our way some of the guys take Strava quite seriously and there’s quite a bit of friendly local rivalry for the KOMs. It takes a lot of effort for them to “police” it to keep the ebike **** from wrecking the leaderboards. Some folk don’t realise I think and just use Strava to log rides. There are other folk who actively enjoy messing it up. The sort of **** that post pictures of them on their ebike, log the ride with ebike in the title but still dispute their rides being flagged.

mickmcd
    Free Member

just buy a road bike….oh wait

buy an e road bike

blooddonor
    Free Member

Isn’t having KOMs on strava, a bit like being rich at Monopoly, pointless!!!

doomanic

I’d imagine the guys who previously held the KOM will report it.

If my experience is anything to go by, they’d report it anyway.

crazy-legs

Before Strava had an e-bike category, I used to get fairly regular “uh-oh…” emails saying that a particular rider had taken a couple of my KOMs.

He’s a member of a local cycle club, had a heart problem (and later operation) and used to upload the rides then make them private a few minutes later.

I never bothered reporting him as I knew who he was and knew he’d disappear off the leaderboard a few minutes but quite a few people reported him.

cozz
    Free Member

I’ve got an bike,and have been dabbling with strava to track my route more than anything else

I’ve set all mine to not appear on leaderboards

to be honest, I trawled through and couldn’t see an obvious “E bike” setting

I think it should be easy to find, I still can’t seem to log my rides as on an E bike, so that why I’ve altered settings

anyone tell me how to do it ?

ajantom

Sacrilege, burn the heretic!

They’re only pointless when you have none. When you do they’re cherished as children and wept over when taken from you by dirty thieves in the night 😉

Or not.

skolt
    Free Member

You could flag it and it may get deleted by Strava, but the guy could just re-upload the ride so you’d have to flag it again…..and repeat. Unfortunately it boils down to who gets bored first.
    Good luck getting Strava Support to do anything.

akira

If you go into edit the ride, if you click the drop-down menu beside ride then scroll down to the bottom you’ll see the ebike option.

doomanic

I’ve got an bike,and have been dabbling with strava to track my route more than anything else

I’ve set all mine to not appear on leaderboards

to be honest, I trawled through and couldn’t see an obvious “E bike” setting

I think it should be easy to find, I still can’t seem to log my rides as on an E bike, so that why I’ve altered settings

anyone tell me how to do it ?
    I assume it depends on what you are using to record the data, but I’d expect them all to be similar.

On iPhone before you upload you can change the “Sport” by tapping it and choosing “E-Bike Ride”.
    On the PC dashboard can edit it and select “E-Bike Ride” from the drop down menu on the “Sport” tab.

I haven’t worked out how to set it as eBike as default.

AD

I generally find people who say KOM’s are pointless don’t actually have any 😀

cozz
    Free Member

thanks for that

yeah, i do it on iPhone, its well hidden isn’t it ?

if they want people not to miss use it they should make it a lot more obvious, jesus I had to scroll down past canoeing to find it !

fooman

Dammit now I’ve got to get me a canoe KoM

docgeoffyjones

Someone will just take it away from you with their eCanoe

oldtalent
    Free Member

If you enjoy riding a roadbike up a hill & are not a professional athlete you need to take a look at yourself.
    I expect he was just out for a ride and uses strava to track his miles rather than trying to be top of some irrelevant internet league table.

njee20
    Free Member

You’ve not got any KOMs then oldtalent?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I got a walking KOM yesterday.

akira

There is a certain masochistic pleasure to riding a road bike up a hill with your legs burning. Looks like the KOM in question has been reported and removed anyway.

padkinson
    Free Member

Someone called “E bikes rule” took a load of mine around Cannock the other day. Before it got flagged (which took about 30 seconds because of the amount of people’s crowns he took) I managed to have a look at the ride stats, and the bloke must have been on something pretty close to a motocross bike, at one point he hit 60mph, and was buzzing through villages at 40. Can the police use strava as evidence?

simondbarnes

oldtalent – Member
    If you enjoy riding a roadbike up a hill & are not a professional athlete you need to take a look at yourself.
    I expect he was just out for a ride and uses strava to track his miles rather than trying to be top of some irrelevant internet league table.

Very much this

zippykona

I got a walking KOM yesterday.

Did you use a Segway?
    I didn’t know strava did walking. I only ever see a bike or run option.
    My walk to work just took an interesting turn.
    [video]https://youtu.be/HUxbnadlIz4[/video]

njee20
    Free Member

Very much this

[/quote]

**Different people in getting different things out of sport shock. Full story at 11**

If it gets flagged and he disputes it or re-uploads it then he’s clearly a bit of a cockwomble. Some people will sneer at others enjoying the competitive element of Strava, but it’s basically the only USP of Strava versus any other activity tracker, so despite the “pfft, I don’t care” attitudes, there are millions of people all over the world who do enjoy that. I imagine the people saying ‘WGAS’ are the same ones who cry about other cyclists not waving at them.

If you use a Garmin there’s no way to upload rides as private AFAIK, it requires manual intervention after the fact (like Crazy_Legs’s chap), so possibly that, possibly he genuinely isn’t bothered, in which case making the ride private (or removing all his times from leaderboards) won’t matter to him.

simondbarnes

If you use a Garmin there’s no way to upload rides as private AFAIK,

You’d be wrong. It’s the easiest thing in the world to do.

njee20
    Free Member

Fair enough. Happy with my rides being public, so never bothered checking, I know you have to go in to change which bike you were riding etc. I guess there’s a setting to upload as private by default?

Considering that’s possibly not what Mr E-Bike wants to do it’s a bit moot.

docgeoffyjones

If you use a Garmin there’s no way to upload rides as private AFAIK,

I have to choose to un-private mine when they upload to strava

doomanic

Someone called “E bikes rule” took a load of mine around Cannock the other day. Before it got flagged (which took about 30 seconds because of the amount of people’s crowns he took) I managed to have a look at the ride stats, and the bloke must have been on something pretty close to a motocross bike, at one point he hit 60mph, and was buzzing through villages at 40. Can the police use strava as evidence?

Last time I was at Cannock there was a couple of blokes on Bultaco Brincos which are most definitely not UK legal…

njee20
    Free Member

I have to choose to un-private mine when they upload to strava

I assumed that was the case, you can’t choose individually on a ride before upload was what I meant – if you only wanted to make one in ten rides private you’d be better going in after upload and changing it. During that time it would obviously be online emailing everyone that their KOM had gone.

zippykona

^^^^^^^^ And it’s …it’s a SINGLE PIVOT.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

blooddonor – Member

Someones bitter that they don’t have any KOMs.

Why play monopoly if you’re not going to at least try and win, considering its a game and the sole purpose is for someone to win with all the money.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What about rides where someone else is on a e-bike and you draft them?

I got a PR on the fatty the other week drafting my dad on a road I’ve ridden quite a lot!

doomanic

Looks like you get whiney **** even if you tag it as an eBike ride; some **** reported my last foray to the FoD…

taxi25
    Free Member

What about rides where someone else is on a e-bike and you draft them?

No motorized pacing an Strava 😉

coldlambcurry
    Free Member

It’s not just people shooting up the leader board on ebikes although that’s annoying enough, I’m forever flagging them, most of them repeatedly. It’s the fact you can go out & buy one of these things fly down a single track at 20mph generally without the trail skills to avoid anyone or anything you come across & they are mostly ridden by people old enough to know better. I ride Swinley regularly & it wouldn’t surprise me if someone’s killed ether by the ebikes hitting a tree or them hitting someone.
    Just my thoughts

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

It’s not e- bikes that are the problem, it’s Strava!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Strava ebike’ is closed to new replies.