Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Storing Tyres
  • notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m going to risk taking the mud tyres off the bike in the hope of some good weather 🙄

What’s the best way to store the tyres I’m taking off?
    They’ve been running tubeless so apart from taking the Stans gunk out of them, do I need to wash it out of the tyres or anything like that?

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d just hose the inside and once what’s left dries peel it off (although you can leave it as well really as seems to stay pretty flexible so should be OK once the tyre is re-mounted as long as there’s none around the bead. Storage-wise mine are a mix of hanging up and lying around, it really doesn’t make a whole lot of difference just avoid folding/crimping the bead if storing for a while.

amedias
    Free Member

my preferred method is a ‘Pile’, but If I’m feeling particularly organised sometimes I’ll use a ‘Stack’, it’s kinda the same thing but chronologically organised

boxfish
    Free Member

I think UV light accelerates the breakdown of rubber so storing them in the dark might help?

rocketman
    Free Member

No idea about the tubeless gunk but provided you keep them away from electromagnetic radiation (fluorescent lights, domestic wiring & appliances etc) they’ll keep for min 3 years

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Cool. My main concern was what to do about the Stans gunk.
    They’ll just get stored hanging from a bungee in the shed!

MarkN
    Free Member

If storing for an extended time I would tend to avoid hanging the tyre on one point, especially as you are tubeless. My concern would be the tyre taking on a bit of an egg shape that may hinder a bit when refitting as tubeless. I could be wrong BTW.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Storing Tyres’ is closed to new replies.