Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stop motion animation setup – camera and software?
  • geoffj

Junior 2 wants a stop motion setup. We have macs and pcs and I’m happy to have a camera which plugs into one of them for real time live view / shooting etc.

Any suggestions for kit?

TIA

seadog101

[video]https://vimeo.com/116135443[/video]

Me and the lad did this using a DSLR, remote shutter, and tripod. We then uploaded the photos to the computer and stitched them all together with Picasa3. Was easy to do once all the photos had been taken!

Understand that this isn’t quite what your after, but you don’t need super magic swanky clobber to do this kind of thing.

Edit… .?? Link not working?

richmars

Years ago I did one with a digital still camera, 100’s of jpegs and Microsoft Movie Marker. I’m sure there’s better ways to do it now.

MoreCashThanDash

What seadog said – our two have spent hours making movies of Lego figures with a cheap digital camera, a tripod and basic software.

seadog101

any better???

geoffj

Thanks guys

midlifecrashes

My kids did it with their mobile phones, an app that might have been called droidcam or droidcamera, and JellyCam. Only stuff you might need to help out is a posable support to hold and point the phone, so they made one from Lego.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stop motion animation setup – camera and software?’ is closed to new replies.