Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • STOLEN: Meta 5.5 VIP from Plymouth
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

Stolen since I got back from riding in Sunday. Could have been Sunday evening, Monday or early this morning.

I’ll list the spec in a tick.

Pictures:

danielgroves
    Free Member

2008 Commencal Meta 5.5 VIP
    2012 RevelationXX 15mm Thru Axle
    Flox EX Hope Hoops
    RP23 Rear shock
    Cane Creek S3 Headset
    Nukeproof Warhead 800mm Bars
    Easton EA50 70mm Stem
    2012 XT Brakes
    180mm Ice Tech rotors
    KS Supernatural Dropper Post
    Superstar grips
    e*13 35-tooth chainring
    Hope Bash Guard
    Hope top chain guide
    Charge Spoon saddle
    Hope seat clamp
    XT Trail SPD peddles
    XT 10-speed shifter
    XTR 10-speed Chain
    XT 10-speed cassette
    XT CLuth Rear Mech

Think thats everything.

danielgroves
    Free Member

If anyone see’s anything crime reference is 2C/13/11046

Or my email is in my profile.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Bump for the late afternoon crowd.

akaskittles
    Free Member

These assholes need to die and burn forever in hell -_- sorry to hear mate. How was it stolen? was it parked up in public? chain cut?

danielgroves
    Free Member

I live in an eight floor block of flats. We have a secure garage underneath, with a bike cage inside, with bike rack bolted into the ground inside.

The bike rack is badly designed, so you can only get a D-Lock through the rear wheel, and a cable through the frame/front wheel on a full-suss. They cut the cable, and took everything bar the rear wheel.

CCTV camera above was moved to point at the ceiling, but I’m hoping to get something of use from the Hotel opposite, who have CCTV cameras pointing in the right direction for the entrance/exit.

akaskittles
    Free Member

Ooh my gosh 🙁 i feel you mate i have had my old orange 5 stolen from inside my garage too a few years ago, eventually found it a year later chained to a fence and in not the greatest condition, most of the steel parts were rusted, wheels had been though some big hits and bad landings, fork deflated and shock utterly broken. Chain was still but someone somewhere had been riding it and then decided to chain it up 8 blocks from me, got the **** in the end he went to prison with a £50,000 charge on multiple thefts and break ins.

carlphillips
    Free Member

will keep an eye out for you bud, have you put it on the cann woods FB page yet or gawton FB?

danielgroves
    Free Member

It’s on the Can Woods one. Hadn’t though of the Gawton one, will do that now.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Ok, sent the Gawton Gravity Hub guys a message asking them to post about it.

christof
    Free Member

Hi dan, I think I may of seen it this morning being riden on greenbank ave. I’ve been in touch with the cops and given a description. I’ll keep an eye out to see it again!

danielgroves
    Free Member

Thats good news, at least it’s still in Plymouth! Thanks for your help 🙂

danielgroves
    Free Member

christof — If you don’t mind me asking, what time (roughly) do you think you saw the bike this morning?

I’ve just gotten off the phone to the Police, who are saying that they won’t investigate further, unless:
    – The person is spotted and the issue is reported within 5 -10 minutes of seeing it
    – The timeframe in which the incident occurred can be narrowed down

I’m currently trying to get hold of CCTV so I can narrow the timeframe, but if the management company won’t hand any over or look at it for me then I’m very much reliant on a sighting.

yunki
    Free Member

Good luck.. Will keep eyes peeled in East Devon

danielgroves
    Free Member

Thanks Yunki. Given the insurance company has turned around and essentially said no to paying out this is war now 😀

OCB
    Free Member

Kinda unlikely to end up over in Torbay (I assume), but perhaps worth a post on the ‘TQ3Riders’ FB page too, as I’m sure some of those riders will travel about locally and can help keep an eye out ?

http://www.tq3riders.co.uk/

I think Big Peaks in Ashburton are a Commencal dealer, so maybe be worth a quick e-mail to them too, in case it innocently turns up at their door for parts / advice somewhere down the line?

christof
    Free Member

Hi dan, it was about 0815-0820.
    I called them at about 0900

danielgroves
    Free Member

Thanks. Expect to see me in the area tomorrow 😉

danielgroves
    Free Member

Kinda unlikely to end up over in Torbay (I assume), but perhaps worth a post on the ‘TQ3Riders’ FB page too, as I’m sure some of those riders will travel about locally and can help keep an eye out ?

http://www.tq3riders.co.uk/

I think Big Peaks in Ashburton are a Commencal dealer, so maybe be worth a quick e-mail to them too, in case it innocently turns up at their door for parts / advice somewhere down the line?

Will drop them an email in a tick. Thanks.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Bummer another bike in Plymouth gone missing.

With regards to the sighting of it being ridden I know someone commutes to the Tamar Science park on an almost identical bike (has done for the past year) so don’t go tackling someone who may well be the owner!

Shall keep an eye out but as with most of these things they get split up and sold all around the place.

danielgroves
    Free Member

With regards to the sighting of it being ridden I know someone commutes to the Tamar Science park on an almost identical bike (has done for the past year) so don’t go tackling someone who may well be the owner!

I think I know who you mean, I did my placement year on TSP last year. I’ll know who to look out for, and not tackle 😉

danielgroves
    Free Member

I went over to the road this morning, as expected I didn’t see a dime 🙁

Worth a try though, right?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN: Meta 5.5 VIP from Plymouth’ is closed to new replies.