• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by kcr.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • STOLEN IN EDINBURGH
  • bradders28
    Free Member

Hi there I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place to put this but I am trying to spread the word as fast as possible,

My bikes were stolen out of my house in the Bruntsfield area of Edinburgh on Thursday night:

Cannondale bad boy Alivio disc 2011 – brand new

Specialized s-works stumpjumper fsr carbon, black with white future shock forks and white; pedals, grips, cables, hoses and one white avid elixr brake (other is a black juicy 5). Basically a black bike with white details. It is a really striking looking bike and I had just finished building it on Wednesday night after having the frame repaired 🙁

Neither were insured as I had just moved to the area and so I am holding out some tiny hope that someone will see it being ridden at Glentress or other places in Scotland.

……totally gutted

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bummer.

Bump for the day shift.

You know the places to look – cash converters, gumtree maybe do a tour on nedville on a fine evening

ojom
    Free Member

We will keep our eyes open. Let the bike Co-op, velo ecosse, biketrax, bike works and pedals all know. They are your local shops that they may appear in.

mieszko
    Free Member

+1 for thebikechain

Keep your eyes on Gumtree as sometimes the bikes will appear there or even parts from it. Ebay searches etc. etc.

TJ is Leith based so might be able to spot something. Muirhouse and Granton are another areas where I would check.

There is a Napier University Cycling Club group on Facebook. Most of the guys study at the Merchiston campus so fairly local and stay around Meadows. I’ll post it there for you just need your email to put there in case someone wants to contact you.

I thought Bruntsfield was a pretty safe area. Crap news.

Garry_Lager

Bump this just to add my wife’s bike was stolen from the stair in Bruntsfield last night, a giant xtc. So if you’re one of the chosen few who lives in EH10, good idea to check your bike security.

bigjim

Argh, no way. I’m EH10 too, bike is kept indoors though. Its not worth nicking anyway, its nailed!

I wonder if someone is spotting bikes and following them back.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP – break-in?

Sadly bikes on stairs are still vulnerable…

Garry_Lager

The missus’ bike hadn’t moved in a year, so probably just an opportunist theft. Scumbag left my tricross – every cloud etc.

The OP’s loss is obv much more serious, particularly if it was from inside his gaff.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Will keep my eyes peeled. Sorry to hear that bradders.

petey74
    Free Member

Damn. Sorry to hear.

bigjim

Some scummer nicked my Raleigh Maverick from my stair years ago, I loved that bike! In the flat I had before that I remember seeing kids hanging around outside, few seconds later there was a clattering and they’d taken a decent Kona from the stair by shattering the banister rods it was locked to, gone in seconds, they can’t have been older than 13 either.

Garry_Lager

Just a wee bump for this to acknowledge Lothian’s finest – who caught the caaaahnt who stole my wife’s bike! No bike has been found though.

Apparently the rack from the bike was found at another scene where he was apprehended doing something else – he then confessed to stealing ‘a hundred’ bikes in one of those clear-the-slate before you go down affairs.

So maybe worth an enquiry from the OP to the police on this [longshot I realise].

kcr
    Free Member

Don’t know if it is the same case, but one of our club members got his bike back after a serial thief was caught. However, the police did not inform him that the bike had been recovered, so it is worth chasing them up.

Full story:

Stolen

Happy ending

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN IN EDINBURGH’ is closed to new replies.