Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stolen front wheel – Plymouth
  • pinetree
    Free Member

Bit of a long shot this, but the hell with it!

Some scumbag pinched the front wheel off my Surly last night – locked up outside my house. The bike was secured with an Abus D-Lock, but the front wheel was just fitted with a QR (silly, I know)

Anyway, it’s an e13 TRS+ 29″ Wheel fitted with a Schwalbe Big Apple. I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled on Gumtree/ebay/local pawn shops and the like, but if anyone on here (I know there’s a few plymouth locals) sees it, please let me know!

How it is:

How it was:

Cheers
    Scott

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Brave leaving that outside your house in Plymouth- even if you are in a nice part.

I’ll keep my eye out but parts like that won’t be easy to spot unless it’s really out of place (some chav with it or something).

pinetree
    Free Member

Yeah, I know it’s a long shot, but you never know! I’m going to check out the various pawn shops in Keyham/Stonehouse/round the Market in town. They’re always full of hooky stuff.

To be fair, it’s been living outside for a year or more now, and this is the first instance of anything going walkies.
    It would be nice to think that other people are principled, and know that just because something’s not nailed down, doesn’t mean it’s theirs to take… but this is Plymouth, and the people here f**king suck.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Hey we don’t all suck bud 😉

Hope you get it sorted!

pinetree
    Free Member

Hey we don’t all suck bud

Yes you do! I’ve never met you, but I’m sure you do… 😉

To be fair, it really seems to be a city of two hlaves. I used to live up in Peverell and it was great. Once lost a bike for a few days as I had left it in the back lane (numbskull that I am I forgot to bring it in)
    Turns out a neighbour had thought it was abandoned and brought it back a few days later with a very sheepish expression on her face.
    Once when I was on my way home from a night out at silly o’clock in the morning, not long after I moved here, I came across a group of youths hanging out on a street corner. Being from Glasgow originally I braced myself for some abuse, but they were so engrossed in their heated-discussion they didn’t notice me. As I passed, I heard one of them say to another “Mate, if you want some poetry, I will write you some f**king poetry!” (I kid you not)
    I miss living in Peverell. The people were nice there.

Now I live at the bottom end of Stoke, which is within stumbling distance of Wyndham square and North Road West ie. smackhead central. My street’s awesome, but just over the other side of the park is a right hole; full of junkies and scumbags. Sometimes I feel like just going and setting fire to all of it. Can’t make it any worse.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stolen front wheel – Plymouth’ is closed to new replies.