Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Stolen Cove Hummer on ebay
  • gavin100
    Free Member

I believe this to be my stolen Cove hummer As posted in October. (now on E-bay)

The description does not match the frame in the photo and the component descriptions don’t match. The components on the frame do match my build.
    The seller appears to have no other MTB items.
    I am following up with police and eBay.
    Please avoid a bargain. Thieving neds

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COVE-HUMMER-17-TITANIUM-MOUNTAINBIKE-FRAME-EXTRAS-/280615259107?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4155f90be3

wwaswas

delete this post asap – if the seller does a search they’ll find this.

RealMan
    Free Member

There are some minor cosmetic marks on top of the top tube where there has been a little cable rub, but this is more a slight ‘polishing’ of the burnished finish to the frame,Any imperfections can be simply removed using Scotchbrite, or wire wool.

Thieves that can spell and use grammar correctly? We’re doomed. Hope you get your bike back.

EDIT: from feedback, “mountain bike spares” he bought off someone. You sure its yours?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Offer to pick it up and take a baseball bat

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Thieves that can spell and use grammar correctly? We’re doomed.

I’ve said this for ages. It’s not just scrotes who nick and sell spensive bikes, it’s also other ‘seemingly decent’ mtbers. Who would you trust more, a scrote, or a seemingly decent fellow mtber?

Trust no-one. Suspect everyone….

Good luck to the Op with getting yer bike back.

Paceman
    Free Member

As Wwaswas said… get the moderators to delete this thread if I were you… you’ll be gutted if you lose the culprit now (assuming it is the stolen bike).

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I hope you get it back Gavin. I’d get a couple of pals together and go and check it out.

trailertrash

xtr or fsa? careless….

Rickos
    Free Member

*pulls up chair*

GlitterGary
    Free Member

*Put’s kettle on.*

organic355
    Free Member

SHIMANO X9 eh?

Is that some kind of hybrid system?

gavin100
    Free Member

The police are attempting to stop the sale and retrieve the frame. Time is against me getting it back.

sobriety
    Free Member

for the love of god win the auction then!

steveh

Yup definitely get someone you know to bid on it and win.

jedi

let me know how you get on. kin hate bike thieves!

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

its finished did you have the winning bid? let us know how you get on mate, scum need hanging with gear cable!!

gavin100
    Free Member

I didn’t buy it. I hope some unluckey sod doesn’t pay for it and then loose it to the police. Will keep you informed.

Seller

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/trippi_takka/

Jamesy
    Free Member

good luck gavin !

gavin100
    Free Member

Police haven’t been back in touch. Getting frustrated now. To have something so close and w :cry:atch it slip away.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

1 Q for you Gavin, how you going to proove it’s yours, frame number or something?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Why didn’t you bid on it?

doubledunter
    Free Member

How can you be so sure this is your frame :|, how do you know this is not a genuine seller, the guy talks of “chainsuck” etc, so I dont think its some ned just nicking a bike, not saying its not yours, just how can you be sure it is yours.

gavin100
    Free Member

If you look properly you can tell it’s wrong.

doubledunter
    Free Member

If you look properly you can tell it’s wrong.

How..I sold a 3month old hardrock in the summer, Ive never sold a bike or bike part on ebay in my life, does this mean I stole it.

How can you tell “its wrong”…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Cove Hummer on ebay’ is closed to new replies.