Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • STOLEN BIKES NORTHUMBERLAND
  • noidea
    Free Member

Just went In to the garage to find MY 2012 Silver Nukeproof Mega size large and my wifes Trek remedy size Small have been nicked.We are based in Bedlington Northumberland.Will update with pics and serial numbers once i get myself sorted.

I would really appreciate it if you could keep your eyes peeled.

noidea
    Free Member

This must be a record,Police have found them in less than Ten Minutes. Luckily the Policeman my wife spoke to is a cyclist and pulled out all the stops.They have two people arrested,just waiting for them to return them to check everything is as it should be.

STATO
    Free Member

Gutted for you. Any ideas on why you might have been tartget? bikes on cars, visable in garden etc? Ive got a mate from bedlington and would like to give him a heads-up. Cheers, hope you have some luck in getting them back or replaced.

Rich.

[edit] Crieky, well done to your wife! [/edit]

chakaping
    Free Member

Great news, perhaps the culprits were known to the police already.

Let us know what the result is when/if it goes to court.

bren2709

Big thumbs up to Northumbria Police! 😀

noidea
    Free Member

Just an update.I have been across to identify the bikes,luckily i had wrote frame numbers down and they were still chained together with the massive motorbike lock i use.

They are usually secured to a ground anchor but due to having to relocate it to another part of the garage they were only chained together until i got it fixed with the new bolts.Lesson learned never to do that again.

I only got a quick chance to check them over as i was not allowed to touch them as they were about to be dusted for prints.No major obvious damage so fingers crossed they will be fine when i get them back.

Hats off to Northumbria police as they have been outstanding in how they have dealt with it.I cant go in to any details as the case should be going to court.

STATO i have no idea why we were targeted,the bikes are never ridden around here.When we go biking they are quickly put in the car and could only be visible for 10-15 seconds if that.I am VERY careful about anyone seeing or knowing that i have high value bikes (turns out im not careful enough).They certainly knew what they were doing the way they gained access to the garage.They only took the two high value bikes and left thousands of pounds worth of tools along with my commuter bike etc.

I will report back once the case has gone to court.

cheers

carbon337
    Free Member

Pleased to hear this from Amble 😉

butcher

Excellent outcome. Hopefully they’ll get a bit more than the usual slap on the wrist.

noidea
    Free Member

Im sure they will get what they deserve sooner or later 😉

seanodav
    Free Member

Pleased you got them back Martyn, effing scrote bags! where were they from ?

noidea
    Free Member

Cheers Sean,just accross the fields at the back of us.dont want to say too much on a public forum 😉

oldkit56
    Free Member

Know how you feel! My house was broken into a second time recently, all the bikes and bits were ignored the first time. Then the second time they moved a cannondale out of the way and left behind a Litespeed frame, and got my Merlin XLM and Santa cruz bullitt out through the back window.
    Luckily for me a neighbour had heard them and kept shouting over the fence and spooked them into leaving without the bikes. I have had to move anything of value to mates and relatives now and it’s bloody annoying!
    Good luck with the case.
    Cheers Kit 🙂

seanodav
    Free Member

BOMBERS… 😉

noidea
    Free Member

Cheers Kit,im very hopeful that the case will go all the way to court and end with a favourable result.The bikes were the sole target,as i said earlier high value power tools which would be so much easier to take were ignored along with the cheaper bike.

Sean you are clearly on my wavelength lol.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN BIKES NORTHUMBERLAND’ is closed to new replies.