Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Still getting chain slap with a clutch mech
  • SOAP
    Free Member

My set up is 1×10 with a 40t hope cassette expander, 32 NW chainring and a MRP AMG device
    Clutch mech cage has a little play (front to back) 8mm before it becomes firm/stiff.
    If I manually move the chain to the chainstay there is very little resistance.
    Obviously in a higher gear when descending so more chain slack.
    Maybe 2×10 was not so bad after all.

Anyone got a thought on this?

jimmy748

Your clutch needs adjusting/tightening

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Too much chain?

chip
    Free Member

Is there any difference between the resistance when the clutch is turned off to when it is turned on.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Would say you need to remove a couple of links from your chain. Show us a pic of your mech when on the t-rex.

Trimix
    Free Member

Chain & mech is too long. I have a 1×10 set up with a short cage mech and its not a clutch. But I get no chain slap at all.

Its not rocket science, just remove the excess.

SOAP
    Free Member

Removed air from shock to get full squish and I don’t think I can remove anymore links.
    I’ve tightened the clutch and it’s is a fair bit stiffer so fingers crossed that’s it sorted now might even take the MRP off.

chip
    Free Member

That looks good to me.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Yep don’t think your going to get any shorter there..well not much anyway.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Same issue for me – chain is as tight as it will go, but there’s slop in the clutch mechanism – I had a look inside and it’s play in the mount for the roller bearing. Gives just enough slack for the chain to rattle around a lot, but not enough for it to fall off (so far!).

(XT shadow+ mech running 2×9 with an XO 9s shifter & spacer)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Still getting chain slap with a clutch mech’ is closed to new replies.