Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sticky Hope Freehub (I think)
  • roverpig

If I stick the bike in the stand and spin the pedals forwards then stop, the pedals keep going round. If I spin the pedals backwards the back wheel starts to spin backwards as well. It’s not like a total fixed gear or anything. I don’t even notice anything when I’m riding, the hub is still “freewheeling” and clicking away, but it’s like it’s a bit reluctant. Is this a sign that I need to strip down the freehub?

tony07
    Free Member

Easy job. Cassette off. Pull end cap off with pliers then pull free hub off. Give the panels a good auld clean and relive before you pop it back in. I’m using float fluid ATM. Seems to work well. Grease works also but seems to be noisier

roverpig

Thanks. It was indeed a ten minute job to strip it down, clean, re-grease and put it back together. Now running nice and free.

You’ve got to love Hope stuff. When so much stuff these days seems to have been deliberately designed to make it hard (or even impossible) to service it’s great to find products that seem to have been designed to be easy to service.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sticky Hope Freehub (I think)’ is closed to new replies.