Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Steel Road forks
  • joespencer33
    Free Member

So here comes the next tourer question…
    My escapade came today (and its bl**dy gorgeous), but for some reason I had convinced myself there were pannier mounting points on the fork, alas I was wrong.

SO plan is to get a fork for when I have panniers on(and keep the matching fork too as it looks nice).

My question is whether anyone had recommendations for suitable forks. I’d like it to fit 700c x 37 tyres (at least), front pannier mounting points, preferably disc only, preferably black.

Ive looked at a couple of the surly forks but wondered if there were any other good ideas.

Cheers

Atomizer

Salsa Vaya – I got some for my road bike. Come in two different rakes depending on frame size (or if you want to alter your trail figure).
    Got mine from Bike24.

amedias
    Free Member

The surly forks are actually pretty good, and lots of options of length and offset, would certainly be my first choice unless I absolutely had to have a straight blade.

joespencer33
    Free Member

Evening crowd got anything to add?

inbred853

js33, did you get an old or new model Escapade? Seriously looking at getting the new model

edhornby

Get someone to braze the mounts on the one you have?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I have the Salsa fork on my Vaya, can fault it. I’ve toured with a Tubus rack on it and the bike felt great. I think I got mine from Sam at Sideways Cycles

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Does it have to be steel?

My (aluminium) DIverge has a carbon fork/steerer with mounts for low loader racks

Major apologies if carbon offends……………

joespencer33
    Free Member

The reason for steel is to match the ride of the rest of the bike really.
    Obviously not going for mega light weight, just something smooth and reliable.
    I had considered adding mounts either brazing or bolt on ones but the eyelets at the axle are made for guards and don’t know if they’d handle the fatigue associated with that weight for a long time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Steel Road forks’ is closed to new replies.