Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stamner Park
  • rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I’m in the area tomorrow so thought I’d grab a few hours on the mtb. Have ridden Big Dog once a couple of years ago and have a gps file for the course. Does this cover most of the good stuff, or are there lots of other little gems to be found?

VanHalen

Lots of other stuff about but you would need someone to show you. Or can you download from strava?

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I usually just ask when I come across fellow bikers. Now I know there’s stuff to find I’ll get chatting. Ta.

wwaswas

Big dog course will be quite popular with walkers on a bank holiday Monday – I’d try and head up to the other end of the park further from the car parks it may well be a bit drier after the recent rain too. I prefer the singletrack up there too!

puddings
    Free Member

Go across to the other side to Millbank and High Park woods- even if it has been raining it stays pretty dry and it has a lot more interesting riding
    Park in the car park behind the church in Stanmer Park, ride past the cafe and straight up the bridleway at the end of the road. Follow to the top by the power pylon. Turn left and ride up until you come to a cross roads in the bridleway – turn right up towards the farm and after about 25m you will see the start of a trail on the right – follow back to where you started from. I will leave you to find the rest!
    I will probably be up there from about 1030 onwards and generally wear Morvelo kit- feel free to say hello, happy to show the stuff I know

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stamner Park’ is closed to new replies.