Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • St. Valentines Day ?
  • grynch
    Free Member

ok, so who's got plans then?

Pook

me. Biking in the day, dinner in the evening with my gf.

grynch
    Free Member

the restaurant I had planned on taking mrs. G out to is closed – it being sunday ( bloody Swiss ) so we've agreed on a compromise and are taking each other out for brunch and I'll get in a nice bottle of bubbly for sunday night by the fire ( or the telly )

AND?… I got in trouble last night, actually got yelled at, for accidentally finding my gift from her which was not so carefully hidden in the bottom of a bag of groceries.

fadda

Same as Pook.

Except she's my wife, and mother of our fabulous nearly-4 year-old.

(edit) – My wife's not Pook, or his girlfriend. Mine's an entirely different lady…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yep, Pearce Cycles uplift day at Bringewood, I'm currently single though.

A mate who is also going…

Me 'you know its V'tines day on Sunday, won't the Mrs mind?'
    Mate 'Is it?? Well she's paying then!'

Brilliant.

2hottie
    Free Member

Uni assignments and the best bit my GF thinks valentines is a massive waste of time! and money. If you can't do nice things all year round what's the bloody point.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Somewhat bizzarely my girlfriend is going out to dinner with my boss.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Taking the lovely lady out Saturday night for dinner, chocs & flowers for Sunday, all so I can go mountain biking, I will come home to her Clarissa Dicksons Wright Stew YOm YOM Yom …very romantic 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Never done it, never will.

Buying a lass flowers on a wet Tuesday afternoon, a surprise present/meal or whatever just because you want to is far better than some manufactured tosh.

Taff
    Free Member

Going riding Satursday so I can spend the dayu together. Going to make a lamb roast in the evening with a nice bottle of red. For the day… I'm thinking about either a walk around Arundel or perhaps a cycle [scoping the place out on saturday. Kind of debating too whether after 6 years to the day I should finally get down on one knee.

lunge

I'm being taken out by my GF. No idea where to but i have been "booked" for the day. This of course mean i won't be paying football or riding my bike though

fadda

Well said CFH. Luckily, Mrs Fadda agrees…

woody2000

I'll be arguing with my GF about buying a house we can't really afford, mostly.

grynch
    Free Member

Taff, best of luck however the day turns out.. and let us know eh?

kimbers

erm nufink really, out with friends on saturday so probably a trip to the local caf for full english, pootle down the high st, might fit my new BB, got some stuff to take to the the dump then got the latest harry potter on dvd so we'll watch that then bed

am i a bad person?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I like Valentine's day, but I have always used it as a good excuse to send a playful anonymous card to someone I'm not seeing rather than as an obligatory rubbish romance-fest of tedium involving my actual partner.

Used as a small safety-valve it is both fun and creative. 🙂

Geronimo
    Free Member

Another Hallmark Cards marketing opportunity.

Humbug.

Edukator
    Free Member

Flowers on any day other than 14/2 is a bad idea. I once asked my wife what flowers meant, "sorry I shagged someone else or have done something equally naughty". Flowers on 14/2 is a bad idea as they were no doubt grown in Africa with lots of chemical nasties and flown to Europe thus further greenhousing the planet. Buying foreign flowers = eco-terrorist.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'm going to see what hotties turn up on my doorstep and then just wing it.

cheers_drive

Never done it, never will.

Buying a lass flowers on a wet Tuesday afternoon, a surprise present/meal or whatever just because you want to is far better than some manufactured tosh.

What that man said. I have an imagination and I'm perfectly capable of being properly romantic not doing what some company say.
    The day has one use – reminding me that it's my Grandad's birthday on the 14th Feb 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Plans?

They involve menths and a box of matches.

retro83
    Free Member

the only benefit of valentines day is that it offers a convenient opportunity to amass points which can be reclaimed on steak'n'blowy day

only joking

it's never steak'n'blowy day 🙁

organic355
    Free Member

I **** hate V day as its my birthday, well I actually hate that my birthday is on valentines day.

You can never get booked at a restaurant cos its full of fake people pretending to be loved up and the prices are hiked up and you can never go away anywhere either as it half term holidays and the prices are usually double!!!

Bah humbug!

Pook

Fadda? You're denying what we have?

🙁

Mister-P
    Free Member

I will be working at the TCR show at Sandown Park.

IanMunro
    Free Member

My cousin had that, but we couldn't even afford scaletrix.

Helios
    Free Member

I will come home to her Clarissa Dicksons Wright Stew YOm YOM Yom …very romantic

That should make a fair few portions… You having Ethiopia round for dinner too?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Nowt planned maybe some biking! We'll just have a nice dinner at home and watch a vid, not really into spending a fortune although I would like a card …. did hint at Mr MC yesterday who just laughed at me and said "I didn't think we gave cards to people we saw?" Well he has a point but this is different LOL

cynic-al
    Free Member

Takin' 'er up the Oxo Tower.

grievoustim
    Free Member

retro83 – Member
    the only benefit of valentines day is that it offers a convenient opportunity to amass points which can be reclaimed on steak'n'blowy day

only joking

it's never steak'n'blowy day

you've given me an idea for a new restaurant chain

"Sizzlin Noshers – where every day is steak'N"blowy day!"

its going to be big

Bunnyhop

Blimey – I'd forgotten.

woodsman
    Free Member

cynic-al is that a euphemsim for something…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

woodsman – Member
    cynic-al is that a euphemsim for something…

Not at all, just a restaurant recommendation,
    Reviews here

HansRey

in the early morning i'll be clutching a near empty bottle of rum trying to work out what drunken messages i've sent during the previous nights house parrrrrty. Wahey

vrapan
    Free Member

The favourite newspaper and fried up breakfast in bed 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

I'll be serving ice cream for 10hrs to the smug faced loved up **** who come in to watch Valentine's Day at the cinema. Bitter? Me? You bet. 👿

mamadirt
    Free Member

It's my old bird's birthday 😉 .

zaskar
    Free Member

In trouble as GF down-under and my flowers were cancelled today due to high demand and I preordered!

Ahhgg!

So will be hiding and doing project work.

lyons
    Free Member

I shall be up my local jumps digdigdigging like allways… They would have even been ridable today, if we had finished our run in.

Eric_S
    Free Member

off to Glasgow for some Shopping and a night away( well wife will be shopping I will be at Dale cycles! then pub)Then a film and a meal out. Son staying with Granny and grandpa. Already bought her some flowers so she is really happy. Still do not understand how a bunch of orchids make her happy 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘St. Valentines Day ?’ is closed to new replies.