Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sram x9 rear mech – circlip on bolt hanger missing
  • tmb467
    Free Member

If I look at the sram parts manual it shows a circlip-type ring holding the hanger bolt against the body of the mech. On the mech I have, this is missing and there is a lot of movement of the cage against the frame.

I’d bought this mech s/h (sold in good faith) but haven’t tried it as the play is too much and I reckon it would affect the shifting

Anyone else had a problem like this?

See page 29 of this – part number 1 on the diagram (rhs top). [editted to show correct manual!]

Sram manual

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Page 29 of your link is for ‘PRESSFIT GXP BOTTOM BRACKET
    ASSEMBLY’

Anyway, presumably without the circlip the mounting bolt thing drops out of your derailleur when it’s not mounted on the frame?

tmb467
    Free Member

Edited. I’d put the wrong manual up.

It’s actually page 30 as well! 🙂

It doesn’t quite slide off as there’s a retaining lip on the mounting bolt

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Hmmm, so it’s a little wire ring type thing.

Only comes in a kit with the hanger bolts etc at £18 odd!

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/225/rdps9001/sram-hanger-bolt-for-rear-derailleur-x9-07-09.html

If I couldn’t improvise or get a suitable wire ring from a hardware place then I’d get onto the seller for money back if it was me.

Northwind

I think there’s been a couple of different designs. I’ve got at least one mauled X9 mech in the bike-part oubliette, I’ll see if there’s one on there.

tmb467
    Free Member

Thanks for that Northwind but don’t think I’ll need it now

Just had an email off him as I’d mailed him photos earlier and he’s said he’s probably got a spare circlip that he’ll post out.

Cheers for the offer tho.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sram x9 rear mech – circlip on bolt hanger missing’ is closed to new replies.