Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sram / Shimano 11sp shifters.
  • mactheknife

I read a post on here over the weekend that has got me thinking.

Do both these systems have the the same cable pull and are therefor interchangeable.

I have a full x01 system but i have always prefered shimano shifters.

So you see where i am going with this 🙂

i have 2 mechs so until i mash them ill stick with X01 but i would like to run a shimano shifter if possible.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Buy a 11sp XTR mech and 11 speed XTr shifter. Swap them over, index, go ride!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

i have 2 mechs so until i mash them ill stick with X01 but i would like to run a shimano shifter if possible.

so the obvious solution is

Buy a 11sp XTR mech and 11 speed XTr shifter.

????????????

pbooker1995
    Free Member

What I was trying to say was…rather than mess about trying to make SRAM and Shimano Mech and Shifter, sell the SRAM Mechs and buy Xtr mech and shifter. You have the range of SRAM with the shifting of Xtr.

I almost certain the ratios are still different so you will struggle to get the SRAM mech with shimano shifter to work correctly.

njee20
    Free Member

Adam_buckland of this parish is using a Shimano shifter with SRAM mech, both 11 speed, and says it works perfectly. Surprisingly.

mactheknife

pbooker1995 – yep i get what you are saying but when i have 2 expensive x01 mechs in the garage i am not going to buy an XTR and shifter on top as my funds really don’t stretch that far. I had read a post on here where someone was running this set up and just got to pondering if there was a chance of running a Shimano shifter with SRAM mech. Now funds could stretch to a new shimano mech 🙂

njee20, cheers buddy.

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Njee20 is almost right, I run an XTR cassette and mech with an 11spd XO1 Gripshift and yes it works perfectly (I was quite surprised, I was a little concerned that the it may have been an expensive experiment). It seems the cable pull and spacing is exactly the same between SRAM and Shimano.

This might be of interest to you OP (if a little cheeky on my behalf), as I wasn’t sure if it would work with the SRAM shifter I also ordered an Ispec 2 XTR M9000 rear shifter which is still sat in it’s box totally unused – if you’re interested drop me a mail at adam.buckland(at)Hotmail.co.uk and you can have it posted for £50.00

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sram / Shimano 11sp shifters.’ is closed to new replies.