Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sram RED vs Ultegra Di2
  • J273
    Free Member

As per my last thread ive decided the cannondale supersix evo is the best bang for buck on pauls cycles.

With the cycle scheme it works out a decent deal. Only thing im undecided on is whether to go with the sram red version or Di2??

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b0s6p5164/CANNONDALE-SUPERSIX-EVO-RED-2013

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b0s6p5165/CANNONDALE-SUPERSIX-EVO-ULTEGRA-DI2-2013

The sram red model comes with Mavic Ksyrium Equipe S where as the di2 comes with Ultegra 6700

Im not that clued up on road bikes so which is the better bike for the price and am i also correct in thinking the Di2 is last generation stuff?

Many thanks

marmaduke
    Free Member

The only thing a bit passé about the di2 is the battery is externally mounted but it shouldn’t make any difference. I’d go di2. Cool tech and great price. Just as long as you can afford any repairs.

njee20
    Free Member

Red is the lightest group set, you do give away quite a bit of weight with Ultegra Di2 if that bothers you. I’d have Di2.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

If you want lightest weight, Red, if you want cool tech that everyone who has it seems to love, and a front mech that trims automatically as you shift the rear, then Di2. Some people don’t get on with Sram shifters as they work/feel differently to shimano.

Equipe S is no better or lighter than Ultegra wheels IIRC. I’ve got 6700 wheels and can’t think of anything negative to say about them.

Don’t forget my 5% finders fee 😉

damitamit
    Free Member

I’ve got Di2 on my audax/winter bike, Red on my summer bike.

Red is way lighter. Di2 is much better.

just5minutes
    Free Member

the Di2 version seems to have cannondale’s hollowgram cranks which retail for about £600 on their own…

scaredypants

FWIW that di2 is the older (1st) one – 10sp

I’ve only used the 6870 (second iteration) but it’s great

taxi25
    Free Member

The super six evo is a great bike but the Paul’s cycles ones aren’t the hi-mod version as ridden by Sagan ect, and their 10spd, not a big thing but not the latest.
    Canyon have a few of these in various models from stock.
    https://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=10106

Its a proper pro tour frame and in my opinion one of the most under rated bikes out there ( I know I’ve got one, but I’ve also got a Ultimate slx to compare it to )
    If your a large or small its a superb bargain.

njee20
    Free Member

FWIW that di2 is the older (1st) one – 10sp
    I’ve only used the 6870 (second iteration) but it’s great

The 6770 had the newer wiring and what not though, so upgrading isn’t as hard as on 7970. Does work very well too.

warton
    Free Member

SRAM double tap is the worst road shifting out there. awful. Ultegra all the way, regardless of Di2 or mechanical.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Got mk1 Ultegra Di2 and love it. It just works so well. Cant think of ever going back to cables again. Been out in flooded roads and rain storms and I panicked , but it just didn’t flitch at all. Do it, you wont regret it.

mudshark
    Free Member

Other than the time I was running late and bombed down the hill outside my house then realising I’d left my battery charging in the house, my Di2 has been great. 😯

My mate’s red front mech is annoyingly flexy and he has shifting problems sometimes, maybe that’s an old one? Anyway, I’d go for the red one – will be quite a bit lighter and Di2 is nice but happy to ride without it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sram RED vs Ultegra Di2’ is closed to new replies.