Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • SRAM GXP bottom bracket
  • SOAP
    Free Member

My bikes a 2011pitch pro and I have play in the crank arms.
    Any ideas If I can use any external BB (XT,Hope)
    (stoner can you spellcheck for me) 😉 ta

mintimperial

Hope do GXP adaptor thingies for their BBs. Not used them myself, though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mines off to BETD for new bearings, hopefully that’ll sort it.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Your options are….

Another SRAM/Truvativ GXP BB (non-ceramic) – usually can be bought for about £20 – £25 (there is a ceramic one but IMHO you might as well just buy a CK – see below)

Superstar GXP BB (non-ceramic) – from memory about the same cost as the standard SRAM ones

Hope (choice of Ceramic £80 or Stainless Steel £55) + GXP Adaptor £9

Chris King (5 year warranty) £85ish & GXP Adaptor £32

As far as I know you can’t use a Shimano one

dhrider
    Free Member

Shimano / Raceface bbs will not work with a GXP chainset.

Hope with the adapters would be a good choice for something mid range. You can get a GXP bb for about £25.

Some of the Chris Kings are now coming with the adapters included.

tony24
    Free Member

The standard sram gxp bb are crap i can knock the bearings out in less than 3 months i only weight 11 stone 8. They are terrible even the new gutterseal sram 1 is the same. I have been running the hope with gxp adapter for over 6 months its still as smooth as the day it was fitted.

schnor
    Free Member

cycl1ngjb – Member
    Hope (Ceramic £80) + GXP Adaptor £9

Having gone through 2 BB’s in 7 months (all under warranty though), this is what I went with. Not had a problem in 3 or so months, which is a nice change 🙂

Simon

I went through a couple of Truvativ GXP bb’s quickly.

Now using Hope with adaptors, which has lasted longer than the above. Bearings are replaceable when they do eventually give up.

EDIT Hope BBs come in a range of nice colours too, if you’re into that sort of thing.

slimjim78
    Free Member

/\ what he said.

Ive given up on SRAM BB’s, the Hope has been flawless since fitting it and spins wonderfully.

SOAP
    Free Member

Ok thanks for the replys, £89 is a lot of dosh might just replace with a SLX double chainset

SOAP
    Free Member

Macavity
    Free Member

You can replace just the, shockingly poor quality, bearings and reuse the cups. Although the cups can be a bit poor quality some times.
    You might not even need to remove the cups from the frame. Leave the cups in the frame and just knock the old bearings out, and fit new bearings.
    The reducer, bush, collar, top hat thing can be reused.
    Have a look at this to get some idea.

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/truvativ_gxp_by_rwc_f.pdf

You do not need any fancy tools though.
    But Truvativ / Sram GXP BBs are a waste of time though.

More info

Macavity
    Free Member

pitcherpro
    Free Member

How old is your pitch pro Geoff? My gxp bb developed play within about 6months on my 2011 enduro and it was replaced by LBS with the sram gxp team bb , that lasted a couple of months . Back to LBS (Leisure lakes ) and had a “moan” and asked if they would do me a deal on a slx double & bb as i really didn’t want another sram one. They got in contact with specialized and they agreed to pay for a hope stainless bb and adaptors for gxp !! Worth a try if yours isn’t too old

SOAP
    Free Member

Would anyone know the bearing size? Number.
    Bikes about 8 months old now so I doubt Spesh will do anything 🙁

Macavity
    Free Member

6804RS
    20x32x7

But check before you buy any .

Just put 32 20 7 into Ebay to get an idea of prices.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

I bet they would Geoff , get down to your LBS where you bought it from and try !
    What have you got to lose?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘SRAM GXP bottom bracket’ is closed to new replies.