Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • SRAM guide rsc brake lever bolt?
  • justinbieber

I got back from yesterday’s ride to find that my right hand Guide RSC brake lever was wobbling about, and on inspection, it seems that at some point the lower pivot bolt has worked its way loose and fallen out.

A quick google search indicates that the only way to get an official replacement is a lever bearing kit at about £25, which frankly is ridiculous. Does anyone know if I can just stick a similar sized bolt in there instead, or is the SRAM one laced with fairy dust or something daft?

hmsgeoff
    Free Member

I’ve just lost one of mine, did you find out what size the screw is?

100mph
    Free Member

Yeh mine fell out exactly the same last year and noticed that 3 oher riders were having same problem and thankfully told them before they lost them.

I bought some long ‘button head’ set screws and nylock nuts off ebay for a few £ and took the two top and bottom set screws out and replaced with single set and bolt.

Can’t remember dia required, (poss M3?), but these are the jobs; http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_nkw=M3+M4+M5+M6+M8+A2+STAINLESS+HEX+SOCKET+FLANGED+BUTTON+HEAD+ALLEN+BOLTS+SCREWS&_id=321232365051&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2658

explosifpete
    Free Member

Mine also fell out after a couple rides and I contacted sram tech who are sending me out a couple replacements, although i do work in a bike shop so may get special treatment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘SRAM guide rsc brake lever bolt?’ is closed to new replies.