Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • spotted at Mayhem: new Singular Pegasus
  • rOcKeTdOg

Sam must have been testing it, I thought it might have been a buzzard though, did anyone get any pictures/details
    Sam?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Sounds interesting, and possibly expensive for me 😀

andylaightscat
    Free Member

also one in my bedroom waiting to be built up 😀
    Have a look at Kinetic Cycles on facebook for some pictures, details.
    Described as a Swift on steroids

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Just spoke to the guys at Kinetic Cycles about the Pegasus, from what they’re saying it sounds fantastic.
    Time to start getting some overtime in to pay for it when they’re finally available 😯

yetitony
    Free Member

Are you referring to this beauty?

Sam has put quite a few pics up on Facebook.

photo by Yeti Tony, on Flickr

notmyrealname
    Free Member

That’s the one Tony, looks fantastic.

I can’t remember hearing someone speak so highly about a bike before as the guys at Kinetic, if it’s half as good as they say it’ll be a belter 😯

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Who’s making this batch?

Sam

These ones are made in Taiwan. Out at the moment more details later. It is as good as Jon says 🙂

jonkineticcycles
    Free Member

I’ll be honest, I am shit on a bike but it flatters me so much. As I said to Sam after my first ride, it’s the perfect bike for me. I would like to think Sam knows me well enough to know that I’m not blowing smoke up his arse; if I think something is shit, I’ll tell him it’s shit.

We’re planning on hosting a Singular demo over the course of the summer so maybe it’ll be an opportunity for some more real world feedback.

I would post a couple more pictures up of mine but I need to trim the hoses down and I dont want the piss ripped 🙂

jonkineticcycles
    Free Member

Whilst I remember – Dave who works in the Welwyn shop has just built his Buzzard. We’ve done a few of these recently and wanted to avoid clashing with the orange on shop rides so he’s rawed it and fitted all black kit. Photos dont do justice to just how nice it looks!

Gotama
    Free Member

Even though I’m usually a fan of brightly coloured frames that raw buzzard looks bloody lovely.

Cheezpleez

Love that raw Buzzard

mattjg
    Free Member

Like.

Raw, in general, is good.

Sam

OK, so here is the low down on the new Pegasus proto. Geometry is roughly between a current Swift and a Buzzard. 70deg head angle with a sagged 120mm fork, 435mm chainstays, other critical dimensions much the same as the current Swifts. It has a full size set screw type EBB. Tubing is much larger diameter than the old Pegasus. Headtube is 44mm ID (tapered/straight compatible) and seat tube is for a 31.6mm post. Frame weight is 1.75kg (3.85lbs).

Those are the numbers, how does it ride? I can honestly say it is the best mountain bike I’ve ever ridden. Pedalling it feels solid and stiff, all effort is directed forward, this is definitely no Ti noodle. This stiffness translates into a very assured and confident feeling when descending – it’s not quite as point and blast as a Buzzard, but this is intended more as ‘capable xc’ rather than ‘all mountain’. However that vaunted Ti zing is still there, it is comfortable and fairly smooth riding. Overall, I love it and look forward to getting folks on them. I am just finalising details with the factory now but the rough plan is to have them here around October time. Prior to that I will be running a kickstarter-ish type deal whereby you get a healthy discount for putting your money down now for delivery then.

rOcKeTdOg

Any trade in deals on original frames 😉

mattjg
    Free Member

Good job Sam, looks like an EBB in the prototype, are you expecting that to make it to production?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

bullheart
    Free Member

Oh Sam.

You are a bastard.

(There goes my daughters university fund…)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Even I like that 😆

rewski
    Free Member

Damn, i’ve ordered a sync. What bottle cage is that?

tang
    Free Member

Wants.

Sam

Any trade in deals on original frames

Nope, sorry

Good job Sam, looks like an EBB in the prototype, are you expecting that to make it to production?

Probably

Damn, i’ve ordered a sync. What bottle cage is that?

What’s a sync? It’s an Elite stainless cage.

rewski
    Free Member

cheers, thought it was a van nic cage

What’s a sync?

sorry, kenesis maxlight sync.

scottyroyal
    Free Member

Lovely – any idea of an rrp yet?

Chisel
    Free Member

Is this one going to be sizest ruling out us little people?

Sam

Lovely – any idea of an rrp yet?

Aiming for around £1300 frame only.

Is this one going to be sizest ruling out us little people?

How little is little? Sizing will be similar to the current Swifts with perhaps a bit more standover. There is a practical limit to how short a 29″ wheeled bike can be. If you look at the numbers of what most manufacturers call ‘small’ 29ers, they’re actually not that small at all.

oxym0r0n

One bike to rule them all…

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Any trade in deals on original frames

R-Dog, you thinking of selling your pegasus?

mattjg
    Free Member

Ssshhh Tony will be putting his prices up, and I haven’t been yet.

mattjg
    Free Member

^^ oops sorry wrong thread!

Dyffers
    Free Member

Sam – you’ve got a 120mm fork on yours…is it going to be fine with a 470mm rigid?

Might need to open negociations with the boss about an upgrade from the current Swift 😀

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘spotted at Mayhem: new Singular Pegasus’ is closed to new replies.