Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • sportpursuit.com
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

Has anyone used this website to purchase sporting goods? They have loads of riding gear on there for decent prices. I suppose all end of line stuff?

Just about to purchase a new Gore-Tex jacket for the winter at a bargain price.

woody2000

Just check the delivery time frame – it can be several weeks before your stuff arrives. If you need it quick, it’s generally not the place to buy from. Other than that, all good.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

I have used it a couple of times. the products have arrived exactly when they have said they would but as pointed out above. They have an offer on for a period of time and only once the offer has ended do they send out the products.

Some great bargains to be had.

Rio

I suppose all end of line stuff

Not necessarily – sometimes it’s products or brands that aren’t generally known in the UK. But all good if you’re prepared to wait; I’m currently waiting for some Arcteryx stuff at a very reasonable price.

Dolcered

Used it loads. They have oddball neverheard of brands on sometimes. Fan of Kilpi now. Delivery time is worse bit about them.

jamesfts
    Free Member

As Woody says, items are usually dispatched once the offer end – I guess they work on bulk buying and have to shift a certain number.

If you’re happy with the wait some of the deals are really good.

GrahamS

Yeah use it all the time.

Some cracking bargains to be had, as long as you are not in any rush for the delivery.

WARNING: it gets very addictive.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I am prepared to wait a little longer for a bargain. The jacket says 10th October, so not too bad I suppose.
    I think I will be using this site a little bit more often now.

big_scot_nanny

My experience is exactly what GrahamS said!

*ooh, a parcel! When the hell did I order ski goggles and a pair of gaiters? 🙂

mrwhyte
    Free Member

best kind of treats, when they turn up without you remembering what you ordered!

DezB
    Free Member

Do it!

darthshearer
    Free Member

I’ve used them loads. Some stuff has arrived in a few days, some stuff a few weeks.

Check some of the prices though because not all is as much of a bargain as is made out though. They had Garmin Virb on there recently at £89 from £240!!! Yet everywhere is roughly £90 (or was when I looked)

DezB
    Free Member

^^that. Some of the Veho stuff can be found cheaper on Amazon IIRC

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I have googled the Musto jacket, and it does seem considerably cheaper… by about 100. Will be wary when buying ‘bargains’.

I can see it becoming addictive!

Sheriff_Fatman

Never had a problem and always found the estimated delivery dates to be fairly accurate. As long as you don’t mind a bit of a wait there are bargains to be had. My last purchase was some Zhik sailing gear at about half the price elsewhere. It was from last year’s range, but as they found they couldn’t get the size for one item, they sent the latest version instead. Brilliant!

DezB
    Free Member

I can see it becoming addictive

Nah, I’ve only got 3 coats, a softshell, 5 or 6 pairs of trainers, walking boots, socks, mp3 players, 3 hoodies, t-shirts… er… etc! over the years. Bargains all!

nash

I’ve found them excellent, although you do have to pay postage on any returns and for some of the obscure brands sizing can be a bit “odd”.

They usually also do introductory offers too i.e. if someone recommends you both get a voucher.

I’m sure someone here will volunteer!

ant77
    Free Member

Can’t remember why, but I had reason to send something back.
    No problem with that either.

I did have one order though that took ages.
    I contacted their customer support and they pointed out a mail to my account saying item a not in stock, do you want b instead.
    I hadn’t got the e-mail (or it was in my junk) so the whole order was held up by this. Not really an issue, but something to be aware of…

Again, google the product and see if it is cheaper than elsewhere and order away…

mccraque

My wife is trying to ban me from the site. At least on Friday evenings post pub – where I’ve been known to make inspired off the cuff purchases.

It’s always been great. Some products can take a long time to come, but it’s always stated against each product…so it won’t be a surprise.

Returns are simple, although unlikely to be able to change for another size of the same product. You have to get a refund.

I love the brands on there. Spending a lot of time in Germany you see a lot of great gear like Salewa and Jack Wolfskin that are commonplace there -but not so much in the UK.

My wardrobe is now overflowing with “technical fabrics” – and a mobile battery charger.

chum3
    Free Member

Bought quite a bit of stuff from them – recently Craft winter tights for £44.

Only negative is the constant stream of emails from them – every day.

I think it’s the constant temptation which makes it most irritating. “Oooh look! They have brand “X” on sale. I wonder if there’s anything nice.”

Invariably, I don’t need anything from brand “X”…

mrwhyte
    Free Member

So far work today has been rather unproductive, I have seen a lot of stuff I ‘need’.

turboferret

I’ve used them quite a bit over the past few years. My most recent purchase, a couple of new Castelli winter tops at bargain prices arrived in the office on Monday 🙂

Take note of the expected delivery date and you’ll be fine.

Cheers, Rich

easygirl

If you send me your e mail I’ll send you a £5 off your first order

disco_stu
    Free Member

Looking to see if they have any SPD shoes on offer but I’m a bit stumped as to how you actually search the site instead of browsing through everything!

convert

Delivery time is worse bit about them.

No, it’s the best bit!

Delivery normally takes just long enough that I’ve forgotten I ordered it and when it does arrive it’s like someone with a really good idea of the stuff I like and need has sent me a surprise present to my office desk! 🙂

jimmy

ING: it gets very addictive.

It’s like IKEA. You end up with a basket of stuff, all individual bargains but adds up to a lot so you then have to decide – do I really need it? It’s all or nothing…

fletch71
    Free Member

Yup> they are pretty good> not always end of line.
    Got some current model K2 skis for the missus at 60% off and plenty of ski/snowboard clothing.. sometimes deliver within a week. Just check the delivery date.

somafunk

Used them for the past few years without any issue but before i place an order for something i do a google to see what i can get it for elsewhere, never had an issue with returns either – always refunded promptly.

As others have said they have esoteric european brands quite often such as Kilpi, Ternua, Klattermusen – all very good quality stuff that you don’t get in this country.

Shackleton

Always worth googling whatever you see too. The last few times I’ve been tempted it could be had at the same price elsewhere but with free postage that day. Obviously this doesn’t apply to the more esoteric brands but still pays to check.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘sportpursuit.com’ is closed to new replies.