Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Spidery eyed thing MK3
  • chunkypaul
    Free Member

mmmm liking that as a cheaper alternative to the L&M Seca 1400 and much lower profile

what are the stats like, output / run time etc?

can’t ride with a bar mounted light (like riding with one eye closed), been used to my L&M Ultra Arc thingie for years, but it doesn’t half take several hits riding round delamere with this profile

trout
    Free Member

ChunkyPaul

Stats

Lumens theretical full 2620
    medium 1300
    low 600

These settings can be altered but are what I find sweet

power draw from a 14.8 volt battery and runtime from a 4.4 amp hour

full 1.8 amps burntime 2.5 hours mentally bright and totally OTT
    meduim .40 amps burntime 11 hours very bright suitable for all terrain and speeds
    low .12 amps burntime 36 hours not so bright but still rideable on most terrain good for on the road.

I have just had the first ride with it this morning and used only the helmet light no bar light , I was delighted with its performance
    With the close up beam and the long range beam it was like having 2 lights .

devs
    Free Member

Stats like that have got me drooling. It’ll last a whole Puffer, did you get my email?

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Whats the cost and when?

drain

Mmmm…. these are the first lights I’ve seen that have come close to tempting me to try an alternative for my trusty AyUps. That power / weight / duration is fantastic. And they look great as well.

Thanks for showing the manufacturing process too, really interesting.

trout
    Free Member

Devs. yes got it and am working my way towards it answering mails time off is bad for when you get back to it
    gazzillions of mails to answer but yes will get it to you before the puffer but wont be posting it till I have had a few more plays .

Bigface. when ? I will be giving the machine shop the go ahead as soon as they go back after the new year
    realisticly end of Jan before they are ready for sale
    price info not yet worked out. be similar to the Dominator as uses same running gear cepting the fancy lenses.
    waiting for a unit cost from machine shop

foxyrider
    Free Member

Trout – restarted the thing you asked about in your email – Thanks for a kick up the arse 🙂

smudge
    Free Member

Nice one Troutie. Can’t wait to see one in the flesh 🙂

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Stats

Lumens theretical full 2620
    medium 1300
    low 600

holy moly! thats going to set the forest alight you mad man! 😉 my L&M only does 675 tops

but was very disappointed with the output of a supposed 700 lumen Exposure Toro Mk1 i have so wondering whether 700 lumen LED is actually comparable to a similar lumen HID beam – the Arc was much better – but just charged the L&M up, but its not working now, so time for a change i suppose

quite interested in future beam shots when the angles are sorted – i’ve always been happy with my L&M Arc beam, but it was six years old and the big boys with their six packs were drowning it out completely plus the HID beam had a central hot spot that was a bit too bright

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Spidery eyed thing MK3’ is closed to new replies.