• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hugo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Spending Money for Thailand
  • r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

I’m off to Thailand in 5 weeks for a fortnight.

Staying all inclusive (something i’ve never done before).

We’ve already paid for a number of day trips that we’d like to do.

I’m just wondering, if you were going, how much spending money do you think you’d take?

We’re staying in Khao Lak.

godzilla
    Free Member

We just take GBP and swap for Baht there, never had a problem doing this.
    I usually take £6-700 and always bring a load home.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve always just used a local cashpoint. Pretty simple. You won’t need much for all inclusive but it’d be a shame not to explore a bit it’s an amazing country. Taxis are fairly cheap so it’s easy to make your own way somewhere. You can also charter your own little boat which is nicer than a big tourist boat. Ao Phang is well worth a little trip.

legend
    Free Member

We just **** a few hundred to start with and used a cash machine to top up if required. That was going around different parts of the country and never had any problems

robbieh
    Free Member

Whatever you do, make sure you have really good insurance! It cost £62,000 to get our son home when he broke his back after a bike accident. His insurance wasn’t enough for such an injury!!!!

legend
    Free Member

What sort of insurance was that?! Medical + repatriation generally covers into the millions! Your claim was pennies compared to bills you can rack up in the west

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

$5 all you need mister

(sorry been a long day)

kudos100
    Free Member

$5 all you need mister

(sorry been a long day)

I thought it was ten dollar? Times must be hard in Thailand……..

robbieh
    Free Member

What sort of insurance was that?! Medical + repatriation generally covers into the millions! Your claim was pennies compared to bills you can rack up in the west

I don’t know what he had. He was living there and had a business for 4 yrs. He was riding a mx bike in the jungle and hit a tree. He was taken to a Thai mafia hospital and told the other hospital couldn’t help him! Obviously in his state he didn’t know what was happening and was just taken for a ride financially…and us!

hugo
    Free Member

Cash machines are ok, but there is of course the cost. I prefer to take a wedge of GBP and exchange cheaply as I need, but then I don’t worry much security – I’m a big bloke and I don’t drink.

Other than that getting a no international fee credit card has been massively useful for me.

hugo
    Free Member

Just seen that you’re going all inclusive.

Take £300 each, change as you need when you’re out there, and end up bringing a load home.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Spending Money for Thailand’ is closed to new replies.