Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Specialized tyres – price hike?
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

shopping for rubber and cant help but notice their tyres have gone up loads?

last years Purgatory 2.2 2bliss – around 23 quid. this years 30 quid.

seems to be the same for all the folding 2bliss tyres.

used to love spesh tyres for grip and value 🙁

SOAP
    Free Member

2.3 purg’s are £54 a pair from freeborn bike.

M6TTF
    Free Member

too big for my frame unfortunately – the 2.2s were chewing the swingarm on my fuel ex as it was, but thanks for the tip off.

anyone tried running stock panaracer folding tubeless? are thy still a no-no or have they got their act together?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

m6TTF – how do you find the purgatorys round our way?? any good in the forest etc?

M6TTF
    Free Member

I thought they were great – they come up massive, the 2.2 is more like a 2.3, no idea what the replacement is like as its listed as a 2.3 now, and has a revised tread pattern. been running mine front only as the rear was too big. only had a moment losing the front on loose gravel, but other than that a great tyre.

akira

Rrp has been £30 for a while, cant really complain as even in sales you cant get many decent tyres for less than that.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

M6TTF – Member
    I thought they were great – they come up massive, the 2.2 is more like a 2.3, no idea what the replacement is like as its listed as a 2.3 now, and has a revised tread pattern. been running mine front only as the rear was too big. only had a moment losing the front on loose gravel, but other than that a great tyre

cheers bud! cope admirably in mud then as per the bikemagic review? you know theres not tooo much mud if you select a route carefully by us, not consistent anyways, looking at them as a F&R combo for winter really, will i go far wrong with them you reckon?

mtbfix

I paid £30 for an Sworks Storm the other day. Given that so many half decent tyres now seem to start north of £35 this seemed pretty reasonable.

mmel
    Free Member

I use a 2012 2.2 Purg on the front and it’s pretty big, only just fits under the arch on my Reba fork.

Anyone know how the 2013 model compares?

M6TTF
    Free Member

OW – I think you’ll be more than happy – depends if you get the 2.2 though – the new ones are 2.3 and I’ve no idea how they ride of if they’re bigger. North west have got the 2.2s in still

steve_b77
    Free Member

The 2.3’s look a lot bigger. I’ve got a 2.2 on the front of both my 26’er with Revs and 29’er with Rebas, they fit just fine.

Got a 2.3 29’er one in my shed that I’m gonna try at some point, does look a lot bigger though

Northwind

I read somewhere that the 26er carcass size is the same- they just changed the claimed size to be more accurate, which seems reasonable since they’re one of the few companies that owns a ruler and knows how to use it. Haven’t actually had my hands on any to measure though.

mmel
    Free Member

Northwind – I was hoping that might be true, Specialized tyres seem huge compared to other brands in my experience.

SOAP
    Free Member

What Northwind says 2.3 are slightly bigger than 2.25 Ardents/aDvantage/Crossmark
    I shall produce a photo of both later.

Northwind

mmel – Member

Northwind – I was hoping that might be true, Specialized tyres seem huge compared to other brands in my experience.

See, the ones I’ve had have always been really close to claimed- Eskars, Butchers and Clutches are a hair under, my Fasttraks and Sausagewinds were spot on. Think the Hillbilly is a little over. But I think maybe we’re quite programmed now to accept that a 2.35 tyre is probably about 2.2 across.

SOAP
    Free Member

There is hardly anything in it.

h4muf
    Free Member

£26 is what i paid from j.e James a couple of weeks ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Specialized tyres – price hike?’ is closed to new replies.