Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Specialized Tyre Q
  • honourablegeorge

Not that familiar with their range – looking for a 2.3-ish all rounder tubeless tyre, similar all round use to a snakeskin Nobby Nic but veering towards the more durable, aggressive end – hear lots of good stuff about Spec tyres, but not sure which ones to go for?

zerocool

Try the Eskar or Enduro tyres, They’re the only Specialized ones I’ve used and been happy with the results. Regularly mix them up with maxxis offerings.

Can’t comment on any of the other models.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Eskar 2.3 2Bliss – so far, i’ve been pretty impressed, considering the cost of them.

I’m too lazy to swap tyres so they have been on all winter, and been fine in all but the worst mud. Relatively low profile centre knobs so roll reasonably well considering the size, decent sides so there is grip when leaning over as well.

Only thing I didn’t realise is how big they were. The 2.3’s are easily as big as a Maxxis 2.5!

For the size, they are bloody light, and so far no puncture (tubeless, with 1 cup of sealant). I’ve done some local DH races on them, Enduro races & general XC/hooning & they have been spot on. Granted they have nothing like the grip of a 2.5 DH casing Minion in ST compound, but then they are half the weight.

Thumbs up from me. Just waiting for Spec UK to bring in a 2.2/2.3 Butcher 2Bliss in single ply casing now.

cnud
    Free Member

I can vouch for the Purgatory being an excellent front, tubed or tubeless. Just don’t buy an s-works version of any of their tyres if you ride rocks/ flint as their tissue paper thin and not very robust

stumpy01

From what you describe, I would think the Purgatory would be a good choice.

mega
    Free Member

I really like the Purgatory as a front also – the 2.2. version comes up pretty big.
    i’d really love to try the butcher control single ply but as said above they don’t import it in the UK

boxfish
    Free Member

Eskar 2.3 2Bliss are my rocky riding tyre of choice. They be fat, mind.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Eskar if its average to dry.
    Purgatory if its average to wet.

schnor
    Free Member

If you’re used to a NN go for a purg, but if you can find them, you really can’t go wrong with eskars 🙂

And yes please to butcher controls!

Northwind

Hob Nob – Member

Only thing I didn’t realise is how big they were. The 2.3’s are easily as big as a Maxxis 2.5!

Eskar comes up slightly below its claimed size! Just by less than Maxxis, is all 😉

TBF I don’t think Spesh have a Nic equivalent… Eskar is a good tyre for what it does but it’s a pretty hard compound and not massively grippy on hard stuff- wet rock etc it gives up earlier than a Nic Evo. They make some great tyres but I don’t think they’ve got that sewn up yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Tyre Q’ is closed to new replies.