Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Spec BG Trail 110 or BG Sport Shoes?
  • slackman99
    Free Member

Guys,

Any experience of either of the above shoes. Got some Shimano shoes. No problems with them but a touch on the small side and it feels like i'm cramming my feet into them. Decided to get some new shoes.

Specialized usually seem to be the top banana. Looking to spend around £50 and can get either of the above for this price. General XC duties and the like.

How do Specialized sizes compare to 'real' sizes?

Cheers in advance

Dave

BadlyWiredDog

I'd say the Spesh sizing is about normal, medium to highish volume. Have a pair of both, I prefer the 110s for trail riding, nice to have a bit of ankle protection, but ultimately I guess it depends on whether you prefer shoes or boots.

thefallguy
    Free Member

spesh shoes are a bit broader than shimano ones. BG trail is a much better shoe than the sport IMO, it seems to be more padded and the uppers seem to be a thicker material and compares well to the high end spesh shoes i have. I am a UK 11 and I usually go for a 47 shoe, but that is with a fairly thick sealskin sock

Del

personally i wouldn't ride off road without boots. there's not much flesh to protect your ankles. also a mate managed to bend the chainstay on a bike when his boot was the filling in a rock/chainstay sandwich. he was in a lot of pain the following days but i hate to think what state he would have been in without that protection.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Went from Shimano to BG Sport.Been very happy with mine.Fit is perfect,UK size 10,size 45.

FuzzyWuzzy

Had BG Sports for a couple of years and they're a decent budget option, didn't take long for some of the toe box stitching to come undone but hasn't caused me any issues.

Spud

I have two pairs of spesh shoes one is a 41 and fits fine, the other (Trail 120) is a 42 as the 41 were to tight around the toe area. Worth trying IMO.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Got a pair of BG Sport shoes which im very happy with. BUT I noticed that the velcro straps are starting to crack a bit, but gluing the cracks seems to have stopped it getting any worse.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Spec BG Trail 110 or BG Sport Shoes?’ is closed to new replies.