Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Speakers and Flatscreen TVs / Monitors – Magnetic interference?
  • beamers

We are about to splash out on a new iMac but I have a concern that the place in which its going to be homed is currently very close to a floor standing Mission stereo speaker. The screen will be at the same height as the speaker unit.

Is this going to have an impact on the screen? I wouldn't have thought so as the iMac itself has got some pretty powerful speakers contained within the computer case.

Anyone know if this is going to be an issue?

(Yes, I can move the speaker. Yes, there are other computers available which probably cost less or you could get more PC for the money. I am a Mac convert so don't even go there.)

Ta in advance.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

magnets do not effect LCD or plasma screens, well not ones safe enough to be in speakers anyway

uplink
    Free Member

magnets do not effect LCD or plasma screens,

The Macs HDD on the other hand …… 😉

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

it's a mac, the hard drive will do a good enough job of melting it's own hard drive

beamers

Bump to the top for the afternoon crowd.

grumm
    Free Member

I say it will be fine. I have two studio monitors right next to my 22" flatscreen – been using that setup for years without a problem.

CountZero

Magnets only affected CRT screens because they distorted the photon stream, a plasma or LCD doesn't have that, so no problem. Nice computer, btw.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Speakers and Flatscreen TVs / Monitors – Magnetic interference?’ is closed to new replies.