Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Speaker recommendations for this unit in a campervan?
  • Iamspartacus
    Free Member

Hi folks,
    anyone out there in the know able to recommend any speakers suitable for this unit that I have just bought? It is going in my 20 foot campervan and I want four speakers, two at the front two at the back.
    Any help gratefully received.
    Link to head unit:-
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-Dash-Car-DVD-Player-CD-Mp3-USB-Bluetooth-head-unit-/350371126360?cmd=ViewIt
    Ta muchly.

meehaja
    Free Member

to e honest, any set of 6×9's form a recognised make will be adequate. If you want to go the whole hog, then run the output to an amp, to power the rear 6×9's and a small sub. the speaker output will be adequate for the front speakers, unless you want to go nuts?

Iamspartacus
    Free Member

Thanks for that, any ideas on wattage etc? I don't know anything about speaker technicalities etc, I assume that RMS 60 is the unit output? It would actually help if the manufacturers of these actually listed recommendations etc I guess.
    Cheers.

Milkie
    Free Member

6×9's aren't that great. I would go for some 6.5" 2-way component speakers, they come with a tweeter and a woofer, means you can place the tweeters so they are in line of sight for better sound. All this depends on what speaker holes you've already got and mounting depth.

Iamspartacus
    Free Member

Ta, No speaker holes yet anywhere,apart from the dash speakers already there but they are rubbish, it is a mercedes sprinter van conversion, starting from scratch with the sound system so I guess I can put them anywhere I want that they will fit. After due consideration of course.
    I am doing a few music festivals this year so I want something half decent.
    Cheers.

TheFlyingOx

The 60W RMS would appear to refer to the rated output of the head-unit, but I'd generally take that figure with a pinch of salt.

As above, anything from any of the known manufacturers would be good. I'm currently falling in love with Vibe speakers. Not to everyone's taste, but I'm finding the clarity in small cabins (MR2 then MX5) is superb.

I'd go with a set of Vibe Slick 6×9 in the rear, a set of Vibe Edge 5.25" components in the front, and if you really want to beef it up, a 12" Vibe Slick Subwoofer paired up to some kind of amp: Vibe Black Box Mono was my choice, but I've also powered my sub with a cheapo £30 2-channel one from Maplins, bridged the outputs, and heard very little noticeable difference over the Vibe one.

If you're on a budget, FLI are to Vibe what Frank Stallone is to Sylvester.

TheChunk
    Free Member

60W RMS per channel is optimistic, I suspect 60W total i.e. 15W per channel is more realistic.

How much do you want to spend? As some have indicated a seperate amplifier would be a big improvement.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

As above 6×9's aren't that great for a sound stage. much better would be some 6.5" components and a decent sub.

Tweeters in line of ears when in listening position or near as you can muster, woofers in doors or other panels that aren't too flexy, you can do the same in the rear. Then drop in a sub, 10-12" is plenty (can be hidden anywhere as bass is non directional). I'd run them through a couple of amps to get a nice sound and ability to tinker with the settings. DON'T skimp on cables and RCA's

In our camper I have a Phoenix Gold 4 way amp powering Infinity Kappa 6.25i component speakers front and back and a Rockford Fosgate P300.1 sub amp powering a Cerwin Vega C-max 10" sub. enough to fill a sprinter with good quality noise, don't go for volume, go for quality of sound.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Speaker recommendations for this unit in a campervan?’ is closed to new replies.