Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Spam texts from known contacts?
  • benz
    Free Member

Mrs B has received a number of texts today from her contacts lists.

Neither of the folks these purportedly are from say they have sent anything.

Claiming..

I’ve sent you a BT Photo/Video message. Go to https://BT.mms.ee.co.uk, etc, etc.

So, assuming the folks who the message claims to have sent them are not lying, then can we assume click on the link and all manner of malicious nonsense infects ‘phone, email, etc?

Thanks.

tor5
    Free Member

Could be that they’ve sent an MMS rather than SMS and her phone isn’t configured properly to open them? Would those contacts be likely to be messaging the same group? (eg. Family, work colleagues, club members)

jambourgie
    Free Member

Someone sent me one of these via Whatsapp. A link to a £250 tesco voucher. Just ignored it.

scotroutes

tor5 – Member
    Could be that they’ve sent an MMS rather than SMS and her phone isn’t configured properly to open them

That would be my suggestion too. I’m always amazed that some folk still use MMS.

Cougar

That would be my suggestion too. I’m always amazed that some folk still use MMS.

I’m always amazed that some people still can’t receive them. (I’m looking at you, mother.)

jambourgie
    Free Member

She can receive them. She’s just ignoring you.

beefheart
    Free Member

I’ve had some of these from an old mate who died 10 years ago- so pretty sure he wasn’t trying to send an MMS.
    Just a link to an obscure site, which I didn’t open.

blitz

Could be linked to this?

WhatsApp: How the supermarket voucher scam works
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41900814

scotroutes

I’m always amazed that some people still can’t receive them. (I’m looking at you, mother.)
    [/quote]I’ve told you before. Don’t call me that on the forum.

He’s not a Mod, he’s a very naughty boy!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Spam texts from known contacts?’ is closed to new replies.