Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • South Downs way – taxi back to the start?
  • imp999
    Free Member

We did the Devon C2C last year as a family of 5 with the dog(shoes not needed!)and so we thought we would do another big ride this year.

So does anyone know of a bikes-included taxi service to get back to Winchester from Eastbourne?
    It took me all day last year to get back from Cawsands to Ilfracomb and then drive back down to Cawsands again for everyone else.

Cheers for any ideas.

luked2
    Free Member

superfli
    Free Member

No need to get a taxi, just jump on the train. There is a service that will take you along the south coast and upto Winch via Eastleigh. Leaving every 30mins or so. Takes 2hr 45. Although Sundays seem to take over 4hrs!
    http://www.swtrains.co.uk

stupot
    Free Member

Yep I did the train. I got the train to the start, then rode to Winchester, (my parnet live local). But you could leave the car at the end, save messing about when tired etc.

Just be aware that when I got the train the conductor was not very happy, as there were 5 of us, don’t think he would have let us on if he had time to stop us, (train was just about to leave, when we jumped on!) Probably worth checking.

imp999
    Free Member

Yes, I like to use the trains when I can but with the 5 plus dog & trailer I think I would get some hassel so It would end up with just me going back to get the car again while everyone else waits.
    This wasn’t too bad last time as we had a mobile home we were stopped in.
    This time we need to finish and get back home. Might be a car at each end job.

LoveMyBikeLady
    Free Member

Would be an interesting idea for a taxi business along the downs. Pity the price of fuel is so high though -would probably be cheaper to hire a boat!

29erKeith
    Free Member

done it on the train a few times works perfect.
    I prefer to train out and ride back

beware Brighton station has a thing with bikes if you take that route
    mainly a weekday thing I think but they’re stupidly banned for some crazy reason

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘South Downs way – taxi back to the start?’ is closed to new replies.