Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Soundmagic e10, any users
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Im after some earphones for my son to use with his iPhone and these have a great review in what hifi. Anything else I should look at for under £50?

billysugger
    Free Member

I’d recommend them.

Depth and clarity best I’ve heard from an in-ear.

mactheknife

Spooky, i just bought a pair yesterday. They are good but they dont have the amazing, crisp clear sound i expected yet. But decent earphones do take some time to burn in.

Just listening to Passenger ( 😯 i know) while i type this and the sound is very good with all instruments coming through well.

For £35 quid you cant go wrong with them.

Frankers
    Free Member

Yes I’ve got some after recommended on here

Really good sound and the 1st In-Ears I have bought that are comfy and don’t fall out at the slightest moment of the wire. Also the wire is quite robust and wouldn’t break easily

Gary_M
    Free Member

Looks like a good choice then.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Not a lot of bass if you listen to any dance or electronic music

mactheknife

Changed tunes, and yep these are pretty awesome in-ears for the money.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Do they have a mic/iPhone remote control? Looks like they do on pics but doesn’t say in the description.

DezB
    Free Member

But decent earphones do take some time to burn in.

Please tell me that this is a wind up. Please.

06awjudd
    Free Member

I had a pair, they were really good, but sounded so much better with foam tips, which are expensive, but they do make a huge difference.

Unfortunately, mine got a loose connection and therefore wouldn’t work, this happened about 3 weeks after buying them. I wouldn’t hold it against them though, and I’d definitely buy another pair, simply because everyone else seems to get on so well with them.

mactheknife

DezB – Member

Ahhhh, here we go, STW at its best. Somebody thinks something, another believes him wrong so goes straight for the jugular instead of educating.

Now DezB, i may be wrong but fire away and tell me just how wrong i am.

Infact i am not the only one that thinks it

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20061153-47.html

DezB
    Free Member

How have I “gone for the jugular”? 😆

mactheknife

Stop backtracking. How am i wrong?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Speakers benefit from use for a while to loosen them up, headphones are mini speakers & benefit from similar treatment – after a few days use or so they’re fine.

I like my E10s, not as good as my on-ear £100 headphones but very good for the price & I think there is enough bottom-end for dance choonage in general.
    Foam tips might help them stay put too, although they are better than others i’ve had which kept falling out.

CountZero

Absolutely not. Established fact that any speaker, which has moving parts, takes a certain amount of time for the diaphragm and voice coils to loosen up and get their full range of movement. I got some cheap in-ear MEE M6 Sports from the states, proper in-ear monitor style, very slim, on a BOGOF sale, normally $59, I got two pairs for $26, about £11/ pair. Cheap and cheerful, sounded ok, rather light in the bass, but with triple-flange eartips, perfectly ok.
    After several hours use, the difference was astounding, I couldn’t believe the amount of bass they were putting out!
    My Shure SE215’s were exactly the same; took a few hours use for the bass to reach its full depth.

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

After buying (then destroying/wearing out) Monster beats/B&W’s/sennheiser/bose, i’m now on my second pair of E10M’s, the first pair i had stopped working because of water and sweat ingress through the remote. Go for the E10’s if possible they have a nicely braided cable too…

Get them you wont regret it, and at twenty odd quid if you do lose or break them it’s not really a biggie 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Stop backtracking. How am i wrong?

sorry fella, had to go to bed.
    I’m just always amused by the “audiophile” bullshit that makes them convince themselves they have superior hearing to everyone else.
    It’s obviously my problem, so carry on 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

Can anyone confirm these have a remote control? I can see a mic in the pic but no remote buttons.

Thanks for the feedback btw.

rondo101
    Free Member

There’s no remote & it’s not a mic; it’s where the single cable splits into 2.

One thing that isn’t immediately obvious is that each headphone cable is the same length, meaning you can’t run one around your neck. T’was the only thing I missed when switching from the Sen CX300s.

And a note on their waterproofness; I managed to put my E10s through a 30 degree wash in the rear pocket of my cycle jersey & they still work perfectly. YMMV.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ah junior won’t be happy without a mic and remote. Best look at some others then.

z1ppy

I went for some RHA MA450i for use with my iphone (it has a remote control), after a recommendation on here. Been using various Sennheiser MM30/50/70’s over the last couple of years & basically had enough with them breaking far too easily. Early days with the RHA’s but again they have a nice braided cable.
    Was tempted by the Shure SE215 but you can’t get them with the iphone cable, you have to buy them separately (£95 off quid for the 215 + another £45 odd for the iphone remote cable!)

I can’t tell you about the sound quality, as I’m no audiophile and mainly listen to audiobooks (quality isn’t a major issue).

PS: There cheaper on ebay, but I wanted a reliable source incase I need to return them

CountZero

Ah junior won’t be happy without a mic and remote. Best look at some others then.

Check out meelec.com, and have a shufti at their phones. I’ve got a couple of pairs of the M6 Sports, which I picked up really cheap, as I said above. They do them with and without remote and mike, and they’re really very good indeed for the money. No problems at all importing them, and I was wearing a pair of mine this morning listening to 6Music on the iPlayer on my phone, and it sounded terrific.
    They often do special offers, at holiday times, etc, with 10% off, and BOGOF deals, which is how I got mine.

mactheknife

I had a set of RHA earbuds which sound-wise were pretty awesome. They have a braided cable like you say which when they rub together makes an almighty racket. So unless you were completely still there was always this going on which put me right off them.

laserstoat
    Free Member

check out these bad boys with remote and microphone;

https://bleep.com/merch/618-nocs-ns400-aluminium-in-ear-headphones

CountZero

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_M6P_Stylish_Earphones_p/earphone-m6p-mee.htm
    Currently on sale for $34.99, instead of $54.99
    Having used these regularly, along with the Shure SE215’s, UE SuperFi 3 Pro and UE TripleFi 10 Studio ‘phones, I’ve got a good range of comparisons, (the TripleFi 10’s are nearly $300), for comfort and sound quality, and longevity, these are fantastic value. Use the triple flange eartips, and they really seal the ear canal, and they stay put too: along with the cable hooking over the top of the ear, they’re almost impossible to pull out of the ear if the cable gets snagged, plus, like the Shures, they have a 90° plug, so there’s little stress on the cable when it’s in a pocket, the biggest destroyer of headphones going. Mine are around two years old, I think.
    [edit] I was just looking for a photo, and I found the M6P’s for sale on this site for $11.99! That’s £7.67 a pair.
    http://www.rakuten.com/prod/meelectronics-m6p-sports-in-ear-headphones-w-mic/216927841.html
    That is a steal, I can’t believe they’re that cheap. Almost worth buying four or five pairs to keep in different bags or jackets. Honestly not on commission, I really like the sound quality, and comfort, for the price they’re excellent.

Gary_M
    Free Member

How about these

Fischer Audio Consonance

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered the Fischers 🙂

z1ppy

FFS anyone want to recommend a set of headphones that the jack doesn’t fall to pieces on… the RHQ’s have now no output to the right ear.
    I’m hard on these things I’ll admit (used everyday), but some-one must have got a heavy duty headphone connector that works long term…

mrmoofo

yes, they are very good …
    way, way better than anything Apple provides and more robust than sennheiser’s offerings

andygreener

My pair just went through a 30° wash. Still working perfectly. Pleasantly surprised they still work to be honest. So I cant not recommend them.

z1ppy

Are you guys talking about the E10’s, or other mentioned on the thread? (last being the Fischers)

mrmoofo

the sound magics

z1ppy

cheers 🙂

z1ppy

just for info porposes.. RHA replaced my headphone (sent out replacements and a freepost envelope for the returns), and new one have a 90° headjack, which I’ve always found to be more durable… on we go 😉

robbonzo
    Free Member

Gary M, Soundmagic do an E10 with remote, just a few quid more. go on their website. I dont miss the remote much on mine. Great phones for the money.

robbonzo
    Free Member

Oh and the cable is pretty robust and ‘tangle free’ Not completely but much better than others ive used.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thanks but I bought the Fischer Audio Consonance. I tried them the other day, they’re alright, nice sound, comfortable, not very loud though and the remote isn’t in a good place if I was using them for riding or running.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Soundmagic e10, any users’ is closed to new replies.