Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Sothe girlfreind has been made redundant
  • project
    Free Member

Not mine, but a chap i know, he said his g/f has been made redundant from the local council, and she is now being a bitch to live with, she has spent a lot of the redundancy on tat for the house,40 quid on a new pedal bin for one thing,fancy dyson etc, she just loafs around, argues, hates cycling, want tidy or clean, doesnt make him a meal for when he gets home despite her being there all day watching Loose women etc.

He cant recycle (dump)her as they have a joint mortgage on the house, but thankfully no kids or animals.

Advice needed.

titusrider
    Free Member

Out there i know but has he tried talking to her?

Stoner
    Free Member

has he considered outsourcing a new girlfriend from the private sector? Maybe someone from the Big Society can be charitable?

mactheknife

titusrider – thats just crazy talk 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

He cant recycle (dump)her as they have a joint mortgage on the house

His happiness is surely more important than owning a house!?

leffeboy

Tell him to get a grip. She has just been dumped by work, is having a bad and confusing time and he wants rid of her because she doesn’t make dinner. Redundancy is tough and if they see each other as partners rather than just an in house shag then this is when they both should be around for each other

Steps away from the keyboard

dropoff

Sounds like she’s now doing at home what she used to do at work 🙂

Bunnyhop

Lol @ Stoner.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I agree with leffeboy. Redundancy is tough and effects everyone differently – if they cant get through this problem together and cut each other some slack and offer support etc then it doesnt bode well for the future. Give her a break. And stop her spending!

mboy
    Free Member

Hmmmm

Looking at this from the other side… I’ve just been made redundant (for the 4th time in 2 and a bit years!), spend most of my days loafing, not doing much positive (though have got more job interviews lined up to be fair) mainly sat on STW or watching TV. And the GF comes round, shouts odds at me, asks why I’ve done nothing etc… And why isn’t her tea ready too!

When life has dealt you a shitter in terms of job loss, it is VERY VERY hard to be positive about things, until positive things actually start happening! I know that’s a bit of a catch 22 situation, my GF doesn’t understand it at all either (which is why we’re having a really tough time, she just expects me to snap out of it!), but it’s a situation you’ll have to deal with.

I know I’ll be fine again in a few weeks (got 2 2nd interviews next week, another the week after, so I should land at least one of the jobs), but certainly for a few weeks after being made redundant, all you feel like doing is vegging out, watching TV, and being a bit selfish! Sorry, that’s what happens…

I’d say after about 4-6 weeks though, a natural desire to actually do something creeps back in (even if she’s still not got a new job), and she’ll probably start being more positive naturally. Let her mope for a bit…

Oh, and as the crazy man up there pointed out… Talk to her FFS! 😉

kaesae
    Free Member

😯

Trimix
    Free Member

Print out this thread and post it to her.

jamesca
    Free Member

he’s best off having an affair, can say he’s working late every evening because he’s the only bread winner.

timc
    Free Member

worked for the council you say, seems like she is carrying on as she was… 😯

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’d like to think that if I was ever made redundant I’d get round to buying a decent pedal bin. I mean, at the moment I just use a plastic bag, on the floor. It’s sad and slobbish, it makes a mess, it smells and it looks crap. Whereas if I was given a chunky sum of money and had plenty of free time I’d be able to select and source a really nice bin.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Sounds like she’s now doing at home what she used to do at work

Harsh, but probably true, otherwise she probably wouldn’t have been laid off.

Being unemployed is very tough though.

mboy
    Free Member

LOL

Tongue firmly in cheek I hope?

sc-xc

Come and say that to any of the hundreds we are having to lay off. Try dealing with 30% cuts in your business.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Having worked alongside a local authority for years I’d say good luck to her finding a new job. Many of the council workers are lazy fat cows who eat and drink all day stopping only to go to a meeting where they talk about having to have another meeting to discuss the agenda. They don’t abuse their systems with work or thought, X-Factor’s result matter more than some useless client most of the time.
    Your mate going out with such a girl? Guilty as hell!

Stoner
    Free Member

Did anyone else catch the BBC News faux horreur at the recent survey results from business that found over 60% of private SME’s wouldnt consider hiring ex-public sector employees 😉

The larger plc’s though were all terribly PC saying how that they would never stoop so low as to judge a candidate on whether they had come from the public sector.

frogstomp

LOL @

Not mine, but a chap i know

SiB
    Free Member

Sounds like she’s having an affair and trying to drive him out. She’s lost her job, her days are empty, she likes her lovers arms round her between 9 – 5. She does like riding.

No excuse for the swanky bin though, thats unforgivable. Lover may have bought it for her?

clubber
    Free Member

A £40 pedal bin? Has she gone mad! If she’d been any good at all at the council, she’d have paid £100 for it and made damn sure that the supplier had ridiculously favourable terms and a contract to supply replacements every year. No wonder they got rid of her! 😉

Torminalis
    Free Member

40 quid on a new pedal bin

That ain’t going to buy you a Brabantia is it?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I was in a similar situation about ten years ago. The GF got binned by work and set about spending her redundancy like it was burning a hole in her pocket. And when I say spend – I mean on her, not on the mortgage or the house.

Then when it was all gone I got it in the ear constantly about not giving her money, buying her a car etc.

I dumped her, sold the house, gave her her share, and started again.

Redundancy is tough. But people should not take it out on those that care for them, nor should they just squander the cash. She needs to grow up.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

This thread just doesn’t work without pictures of the pedal bin.

xiphon
    Free Member

There’s a potential job opening over here…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/going-off-work-with-stress

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Sothe girlfreind has been made redundant’ is closed to new replies.