Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sorry – What tyes for Trail Addiction – Destination X
  • Dekerf853

I am planning to use Spesh Purgatory Control 2Bliss, run tubeless.

Do I need something tougher & heavier? Dual Ply? Rear only or both?

13.5 Stone, so no lightweight.

Any experiences welcome.

Thanks.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

I went last year & ran Schwalbe Big Betty’s front & rear, which were more than adequate – pretty sure I had the freeride snakeskin version (they’re not full dual ply, but certainly more than a single ply).

If I were going back I’d run the same again or possibly run a dual ply rear & a single ply front.

nodrog2
    Free Member

I would go with something more robust than a specialized control tyre. Good tyres but I reckon you want some tougher sidewalls. If you are running Purgatory tyres then at least look at the grid version.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Purg control sidewalls are not up to it, I pretty much wore the sidewalls through to the carcass in one lakes weekend last year. Got Purg grids now, and have been to lakes 3 times, and 3 rides in the peak too, with not a mark on them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I went with High Roller dual ply which are my standard “alps tyres” – 5 trips never had a puncture. The riding is not particularly rocky, mostly hard dry singletrack with roots and the odd rock. Aside from the warm up afternoon at La Saisies bike park there is not too much air time either, mostly technical riding or fast flowing descents. What I would say is take what you need, the village of Areches is lovely but its very quiet and the closest bike shop is a long drive.

titusrider
    Free Member

Im going july 19th and was planning to just use high roller single ply kevlars

they survived les arcs and Dest X is supposed to be less rocky (im quite light on kit though)

anyone else there that week?

zerocool

3.0 gazzalodies

rondo101
    Free Member

I’ve used Fat Albert, Big Betty & Hans Dampf the last 2 years of 2 weeks in Les Arcs. All in snakeskin with no punctures or slashes. The tread-wear by the end of 2 weeks renders them only good for the bin though.

maxtorque

titusrider
    Im going july 19th

anyone else there that week?

Not with TA, but we in Les Arcs that week, so we’ll wave as we pass on the trails! 😉

titusrider
    Free Member

Ill be in Destination X so it will be a long wave!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@maxtorque – you’ll have to have pretty sharp eyes to be able to see Destination-X Areches-Beaufort from Les Arcs 8)

fr0sty125
    Free Member

The cost to on-one and planet x for these constant cock ups must be really adding up!

Sui
    Free Member

fr0sty125 – Member

The cost to on-one and planet x for these constant cock ups must be really adding up!
    eh 😕

Dekerf853

OK, thanks.
    Fat Albert Snakeskin on the On-One web site look a good buy, but they only have the fronts. 🙁
    I’ve had problems getting High Rollers to seat on my rims (Bontrager TLR rims).

Any other suggestions?

scruff
    Free Member

I have some WTB Dissent 2.5s for sale, not the DH ones. Would be ideal. £25 posted, used 3 times. Email in profile.

wallop

Not with TA, but we in Les Arcs that week, so we’ll wave as we pass on the trails!

Snap – see you there!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Sorry – What tyes for Trail Addiction – Destination X’ is closed to new replies.