Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Sorry New Bike Content
  • matt23
    Free Member

Cheers Neil…..loving the green and also surprised at how well the mag haven wheels look on it!

neil853
    Free Member

yeah theyb look nice on it, i’ve got black 819’s on mine and would prefer something like that. Whats the weight of those easton’s? and whats the freehub pick up like compared to hope?

Superficial
    Free Member

Looks nice. The spec’s amazing with almost a tasteful level of bling. Almost.

matt23
    Free Member

Superficial I thought the bling was well within tasteful limits.

The Eastons are crazy light….correct me if I’m wrong STW (I’m sure you will) but the spec weight is 1650g although I’m sure they are slightly heavier……the wheels are awesome no real issues as far as I’m concerned have had them for 6months now – the free hub pickup is great, it’s not hope great, but it’s solid, reliable and has not come a cropper yet……I know people have encountered problems on here but mine have been awesome!

** I mean they are crazy light IMO for the wheels they are **

eddygray11
    Free Member

nice!, are you interested in my latitude 10 ? you posted about 5 days ago asking where i was based, im in south west london (near surrey). Is that close enough?

thanks

eddy

Euro
    Free Member

No need to apologise matt23, looks lovely. Knock yourself out with the weight thing, but just getting out and riding it is good too.

matt23
    Free Member

Eddygray11 – sorry not me who contacted u about the genesis 10!

First ride today cannot wait euro…..got to get through a morning of work first though!

DIS

very, very nice bike. Enjoy riding it later, guess it cost a few pennies to!

matt23
    Free Member

DIS – few 2p’s and 5p’s to 🙄

organic355
    Free Member

looks nice, do the red X0 stickers come off? I would remove them if it was me, red and green should never be seen and all that!!

matt23
    Free Member

The stickers will be sorted……they are annoying me to…..if only SRAM did XO stickers in white and lime green!!

Carlos45
    Free Member

Nice to see the pic. I ordered one with EA90 wheels earlier this week and was curious what it would look like.

matt23
    Free Member

First ride update – good two hour blast on the bike today and all I can say is the bike is awesome.

Accelerates like no other bike I have ridden, climbing is surprisingly brilliant for a FS 125mm. Agile and quick in the corners, Yes I did catch the pedals a few times but it wasn’t the end of the world.

My first ride on an ‘uppy-downy’ seat post and the Reverb was brilliant can’t believe I have gone soo long without one.

Finally, the Bronsons were more than capable, very grippy and predictable.

Overall I am well chuffed with the bike……as you can tell!

passtherizla
    Free Member

green eyed bike envy monster over here…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Accelerates like no other bike I have ridden,

Road bike? Hardtail? BMX? Never ridden any of them?

climbing is surprisingly brilliant for a FS 125mm.

Why, what were you expecting? For it to be shite? Come on, its a lightweight full suspension bike, its obviously going to be good.

Glad you enjoy the bike though!

matt23
    Free Member

Davidtaylforth…….sorry that I didn’t state the obvious but it’s unlike any other full suspension MTB I have ridden and I have not ridden every bike there is but from the bikes I have ridden it is my opinion that it accelerates like no other.
    Of course my roadie and HT will out accelerate it!

This is what amazes me, again IMO, it amazes me how great FS climb when out of the saddle putting the hammer down. Again this is also my first lightweight FS frame……so YES it does amazes me.

And yes I love it!

wrecker
    Free Member

Don’t worry matt, he is STWs pet troll.

matt23
    Free Member

I am aware! 😆

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Proper spot on bike that. I’d love one. Glad it lived up to expectations.

Will_Lockie
    Free Member

Hey Matt, how are you getting on with this bike now?, considering building one up and wondering what your longer term opinion is now having ridden it for a few months. It’s a lovely looking thing, well done!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

matt23-I think you mean amaze me.Bit low slung for my liking.Not comfortable for longer rides.

robsoctane
    Free Member

It looks great – lovely paint job. Better that your old Nomad?

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Sorry New Bike Content’ is closed to new replies.