Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Sorry, I just have to ask, who are you?
  • derekrides
    Free Member

It’s just, I thought it was like a mountain bike place, but I notice the ads on the right are for old peoples insurance and anti cellulite stuff and other weird things I’ve now forgotten cos they are not on the screen, so are mountain bike people all old and wrinkly now?

Who actually does ride mountain bikes?

Is there, was there a thread where everybody introduced themselves, like us new people, how many people here are new like me?

Where does everybody ride? Do you get together, I can tell from reading some of you know each other, but i guess lots don’t.

I know nobody wants to ‘come out’ with their real name because of work issues and stuff, but it would probably be a friendlier place for new people if there were somewhere they could go, like maybe here or some other thread if there is one.

But what’s with the anti cellulite, who is that for?

PS sorry if this has already been done somewhere else and I missed it.

Stoner
    Free Member

you do realise the ads are based on your browsing history, nothing to do with STW….?

self incrimination….

db

are the adds not based on your browsing history?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The ads are clever….. They know where you’ve been browsing and advertise something similar!

Who’s got cellulite in your family?? 😉

wwaswas

who is that for?

do any women use the pc you’re currently on?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL! 3 Identical replies in 30 seconds! Class! 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Is there anyone in particular that you fancy meeting up with? Someone caught your eye, perhaps? Do you normally do it on your own or in groups? Perhaps you’ve got a video on youtube that we can see of you doing it. Would you be happy to ride in a group where pinkis the lycra colour of choice?
    Anti-cellulite cream is quite good for saddle sores, which might explain it being there.

singletrackmind

No , no mountain bikers here .
    Move along now.

wwaswas

I know nobody wants to ‘come out’ with their real name because of work issues and stuff

lots of people aren’t too bothered or have their real name in their email addresses but don’t actively make a point of advertising their real life.

It can make it awkward when you meet people or go around their house for the first time;

*knock knock*

*woman answers door*

“Errrm, can vladthedestroyer come out for a bike ride please?”

emsz
    Free Member

Amelia.

Hi,

I use Emsz as it was a joke between me and my GF and partly on what some of old friends call me.

derekrides
    Free Member

Cosmetic surgery now, who are you people?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

ots of people aren’t too bothered or have their real name in their email addresses but don’t actively make a point of advertising their real life.

Yeah that’s me really. 🙂

LOTS AND LOTS of people meet up though, there’s a forum ride tomorrow actually, I’ll be there.

In all seriousness, I must have met 100+ people off/via STW and made some good mates! 😀

thebunk

I love these threads – who was it that complained about the gay pron adverts?

derekrides
    Free Member

there’s a forum ride tomorrow actually, I’ll be there.

Is there? Where is that happening?

Edit: actually I’ve got to go now hadn’t noticed the time, it’s friday, sunny, the dog, a nice long ride and the pub beckons, I’ll be back later to find out where that ride is..

Edukator
    Free Member

My current one says:

“CORSICA, bousculez vos sens”.

No way am I ever setting foot on that island.

_tom_
    Free Member

You can probably guess my name. I’m not a middle aged IT middle manager and I don’t drive an Audi. I haven’t been for a ride with anyone on this forum but I have met people from other forums to go riding.

nicko74

Yup, it looks like some of the ads on stw (particularly on the right) are sold through ad networks, as it’s a cheaper, easier way to monetise the page. These networks, as previously pointed out, track your behaviour and assume you fall into various target audiences. For the last month or so I’ve been followed round by ads telling me I could improve my golf swing…

As for who I am, just your average internet sexual predator, me. 8)

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Amelia.

Hi,

I use Emsz as it was a joke between me and my GF and partly on what some of old friends call me.

Emetic?

andrewh
    Free Member

Clue’s in my name really.
    However, turns out I know quite a few on here but just haven’t connected their forum name with the ‘real’ them, suspect there may be a few more I don’t know about still.

toppers3933
    Free Member

my ads aren’t based on what i browse for. i always get sky and stuff like that. which i have never ever done a search for in my life.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Is there a problem with being an old, wrinkly mountain biker??

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Oddly enough…..I use my real name on here and other forums, but not in the real/work world where I have a another nicely Anglicized name. Which works nicely for me.

derekrides
    Free Member

Lady Gresley – Member
    Is there a problem with being an old, wrinkly mountain biker??

For my chosen forum persona yes I’m afraid there is.

He’s already producing a list.

This is the ‘Uncool’ Section so far.

philconsequence
    domwells27
    don simon
    nbt
    Taff
    greggparker9
    TandemJeremy
    Jamie
    kudos100
    dufresneorama
    chvck
    ski
    peath
    swoosh
    namastebuzz
    Handsomedog
    disco_stu
    LoCo
    GlitterGary
    Dezb
    slackin101
    Rubber_Buccaneer
    SD-253
    mastineo
    lipseal
    KINGTUT
    D0NK

Should I add you to the old and wrinkly bit? 😉

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I demand to be put on the uncool list! By the way, philconsequence is about eleven, not really old or wrinkly.

donsimon
    Free Member

You’re going to get quite lonely and bored on here, arent you?

derekrides
    Free Member

don simon – Member

You’re going to get quite lonely on here, arent you?

Dude you shop at Aldi don’t talk to me, people are watching.. 😉

allthegear
    Free Member

My name really is Rachel – I have the receipt and everything… 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Don’t worry, just downloading killfile as we speak. 😛

v8ninety

Well my ads aren’t very clever. 4 out of 6 are pushing sky tv or broadband, which I already (regretfully) have. The other ones are telling me to subscribe to singletrack magazine, which I already do. Hang on, maybe they’re REALLY clever…

andrewh
    Free Member

Just had, at the top right, a picture of a girl’s bum with a flashing light on it. I’ve neer googled that. Or Sky either.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Well, there’s an advert over there now informing me I should ‘love my breasts’. Believe me, if I had some, I wouldnt take much persuading!

derekrides
    Free Member

Makes mental note not only is barnsleymitch not cool but probably a trannie.

jon1973
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNOrp_83RU&feature=related[/video]

allthegear
    Free Member

what’s a trainie????

Rachel

derekrides
    Free Member

allthegear – Member
    what’s a trainie????

Rachel A forum induced spelling incorrection of trannie

allthegear
    Free Member

oh, that makes it okay, then… 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

derekrides – Member

Somebody has said something unbelievably stooopid.

Posted 12 seconds ago # Report-Post

Seems to be working fine. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Yay, i made a list! An uncool list made by someone called Derek 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I may be old and wrinkly but I am so cool I have to warm my beer and so hip I can’t see out of my own pelvis

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m a bit gutted not to be on the list now…

Rachel

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Sorry, I just have to ask, who are you?’ is closed to new replies.