Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sorry – another parking ticket question
  • ski
    Free Member

I parked up at my local Asda store, which charge you £1 for three hours parking, quite reasonable as its close to the city center.

I paid for my parking (£1) and placed it on the dash as normal, but without me knowing, the ticket slid down the dash when the door closed and wedged itself out of view!

Coming back to my car I have a ‘Parking Charge Notice’ for £70!

OK, yes It was my fault for not paying a little bit more attention and making sure the ticket was visible when I locked the car (will do next time).

Is it worth me contacting the private Ltd parking company and trying to appeal, ignore all further letters or demands or pay up?

Ta.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don’t pay up.

DO NOT CONTACT the parking company. You are giving them the evidence they need to persue you if you do.

D0NK

Whatever you do, don’t pay up.

why? will he unwittingly have signed up for some devious scheme that’ll claim his firstborn and a tithe from all his future earnings?

I think the general advice is don’t pay up if you don’t want to as it’s (probably) not enforceable and if you do go that route don’t respond to any communication.

Cougar

In a normal world, the one in which nice people expect other people to do the right thing, you’d show your ticket and they’d go “oh, sorry about that” and drop the charges.

Unfortunately, in the real world, what will most likely happen is they’ll go “it wasn’t on display so tough crap, pay up.”

This is why the recommended process is usually just to ignore them. It’s a lot simpler, and probably more reliable, than going through a lengthy appeal process. Unless you know they’re likely to drop the charge it’s probably not worth your while.

Murray

Happened to my wife in the swimming pool car park last summer. She wrote to the council to appeal – they sent her a nice photo of the sun blind obscuring the ticket but let her off.

Nice people in the Chilterns (apart from my evil lying cat loving neighbour).

piemonster

As you’ve a valid ticket, POPLA might be worth looking at. If they are AOS with the BPA. Another option would be to go through the ASDA store and get them to cancel it.

I wouldn’t try and appeal to the parking companies better nature though, there only interest is in getting you to hand over as much money as possible. Nothing else will make them money.

However, probably easiest to ignore the nobbers.

ski
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice, I will keep my £1 ticket just in case 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

Happened to my wife in the swimming pool car park last summer. She wrote to the council to appeal – they sent her a nice photo of the sun blind obscuring the ticket but let her off.

Dealing with a Local Council (who are legally allowed to issue and enforce parking fines) is a different matter.
    As you only have 2 options, either pay up, or Appeal.

Dealing with a private company (who are not legally allowed to issue parking fines) you have an extra option.
    Pay up, Appeal, or just ignore it.

project
    Free Member

You ACTUALLY PAID TO SHOP AT ASDA, and then didnt shop there, stopping a valid customer from shoping there, as you took a space allocated to customers who decide to shop there. 🙂

Other supermarkets are available.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m sure he didn’t mention shopping, just parking.

Other presumptions are available.

piemonster

Other presumptions are available.

Excellent, I’m going with the OPs the anti Christ

ski
    Free Member

project – Member

You ACTUALLY PAID TO SHOP AT ASDA.

I was having a job interview in town, so will be well miffed now if I don’t get the job 😉

piemonster
    zangolin
    Free Member

Plus whatever – just ignore it – nothing they can do.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sorry – another parking ticket question’ is closed to new replies.