Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sonos users.. internet radio question
  • bamboo
    Free Member

Hi All

I’m thinking of getting a Sonos Play 3/5 which I will use to play music from my NAS drive. I also want it to play radio, specifically 5Live so that I can listen to the football commentary. With my squeezebox, when I listen to 5Live and a football match comes on, the commentary is not played – I assume due to a rights issue, and to prevent people from outside of the UK getting access to the audio. Does the same problem exist for Sonos systems?

Cheers

Ian

t_i_m
    Free Member

I vaguely recall this being the case very rarely and a while ago. I think that it may have been for a champions league match. Seems ok for prem matches.
    Worth checking further if this is a big issue for you. The SONOS forum and online support team are very good. Try asking on there.

BTW, a not so great work around is to plug a portable DAB into a SONOS box, it’ll autoplay an aux connection and spray it around the house (useful for podcasts stored on iphone).

bamboo
    Free Member

Brilliant – that second suggestion particularly could well be very useful indeed. Cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sonos users.. internet radio question’ is closed to new replies.