Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Someone please help me with my PC problem – suspected virus
  • nasher
    Free Member

My PC is slowly grinding to a halt. A lot of programs dont seem to run (or is not responding)

I have downloaded other virus check software (my windows one care wont load). Although they downloaded OK I cannot seem to run them

also when i go into services, many of them have stopped i.e printer but get the Error 1053 message, again after reading the web I still cannot get it to work

I think i have a virus but can anyone reccommend one thatw ill actually start up?

Ta

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Could be so many things!

My PC slowed down as the hard drive was on its way out.
    If the virus killer didn't find anything, can you copy your files to external drive or usb and reinstall the Op.System?
    If so make sure you have all the drivers to get online too.
    You might not need to do this!

1st Go into task manager and see whats using the cpu?

sofaking
    Free Member

what about going into your set up and start you pc from an earlier time/date .
    worked for me

nasher
    Free Member

sofaking…how do i do that? i run vista

Cougar

Download Malwarebytes, install, update, run it, save a log, let me know what it finds.

mboy
    Free Member

Cougar – Member

Download Malwarebytes, install, update, run it, save a log, let me know what it finds.

Exactly what he said…

Malwarebytes is the only software I trust to get rid of infections on my computer, having tried so many others and nearly lost a computer because of a really nasty Trojan!

nasher
    Free Member

Cougar

I have downloaded this earlier, problem is I cannot get it to run, I click on it and nothing happens….This happens to all the anti virus programs i have downloaded…

EDit: windows explorer is now "not responding" any other way I can open it?

Cougar

Rename it from MBAM to something else and try again?

Cougar

… if that doesn't work, run rkill first. If rkill won't run either, try this alternate version here – it's the same file renamed.

nasher
    Free Member

I got this from Rkill:

This log file is located at C:\rkill.log.
    Please post this only if requested to by the person helping you.
    Otherwise you can close this log when you wish.
    Ran as admin on 29/07/2010 at 20:35:33.

Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running:

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\iExplore.exe

Rkill completed on 29/07/2010 at 20:35:36.

Cougar

Hm.

Will MBAM run now? Like I say, you might have to rename the file first.

Cougar

Ah – it terminated itself. It does that, no worries.

nasher
    Free Member

THis was the log… it found 25 on the quick scan……

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
    http://www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4052

Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 (Safe Mode)
    Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000

29/07/2010 20:49:45
    mbam-log-2010-07-29 (20-49-45).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
    Objects scanned: 130916
    Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 11 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 0
    Registry Values Infected: 0
    Registry Data Items Infected: 0
    Folders Infected: 0
    Files Infected: 25

Memory Processes Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
    C:\Program Files\FxVdx30.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\hhrashlp.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\HHWMPrxy.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\MDLL32.DLL (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\MumaIpl.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\MumaIplA6.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\MumaIplM6.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\MumaIplP6.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\MumaIplPX.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\MumaIplW7.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\PlayRIpl.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\PlayRIplPX.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\qtmlClient.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\SAMSIG.DLL (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\samsigA6.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\samsigM5.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\samsigM6.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\samsigP5.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\samsigP6.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\samsigPX.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\samsigW7.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\thunk16.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\thunk3216.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\ZIPDLL.DLL (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\setup.exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

nasher
    Free Member

That was done on a fast scan… However when I do a full scan the program stops responding..

Cougar

Right. That could be worse.

Reboot, then run it again in full mode.

Once we've got this cleaned, we need to look at patching. You want SP2 for Vista as a bare minimum, ideally you need to be running Windows Update until it stops updating.

nasher
    Free Member

its now scanning 20 mins and counting..

Cougar

Yeah, it'll take a while. Should've thought, it'd have been quicker if we'd done a temp file cleanup first, bit late now. Ho hum.

nasher
    Free Member

Scan is done…. no further viruses found..

So what do i do now.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
    http://www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4367

Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 (Safe Mode)
    Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000

29/07/2010 22:12:38
    mbam-log-2010-07-29 (22-12-38).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|H:\|I:\|J:\|K:\|)
    Objects scanned: 336225
    Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 4 minute(s), 5 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 0
    Registry Values Infected: 0
    Registry Data Items Infected: 0
    Folders Infected: 0
    Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Cougar

Cool.

Right. Download and run TFC.

Run Windows Update, apply all the patches it gives you. SP2 for Vista should be a priority.

Get Secunia PSI. This will scan for software which has updates available other than Windows itself. Prioritise Adobe updates, old Flash etc are common points of entry for malware.

What are you running currently in the way of Antivirus?

Cougar

Oh,

Go into Uninstall Programs (or whatever it's called in Vista, can't remember exactly). Uninstall anything you're not using, specifically IE toolbars and crap that's got installed with other things along the way.

-Liam-
    Free Member

What computer is it?

Could possibly have a back up partition on the hard drive.

Back up your files and start a fresh. Then sort a proper anti virus.

All these programs that everyone suggests don't do the job properly and eat resources.

chewkw
    Free Member

Also try to scan in Safe Mode.

Cougar

All these programs that everyone suggests don't do the job properly and eat resources.

Only if you don't know what you're doing.

nasher
    Free Member

Hey Cougar, I clicked on your TFC link but what exactly do I download?

also I tried to load service pack 2 but it wouldnt install.

also tried windows update but when i click on it nothing happens…like alot of the other programs…

Cougar

Ah, looks like they've updated the website and changed the links, sorry. Try this

When you say SP2 won't install, what exactly happens?

Ignore the other patch stuff I suggested for now, we need to make sure it's clean first.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Someone please help me with my PC problem – suspected virus’ is closed to new replies.