Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Someone please explain ebay to me!
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

Used Park TS2.2P

New Park TS2.2P

How the heck can a used item sell for more than a new one?

DO people not check on Google before bidding?

Jamie
    Free Member

¯\_(?)_/¯

matt_outandabout

Ive just seen one, used m520 SPD without cleat for more than a new pair with cleats. 😕

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Welcome to the world of eBay.

It is usually cheaper to buy elsewhere.

Actually, it’s highly likely that’s it’s cheaper to buy elsewhere.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I sold some used walking poles on eBay for more than I bought them for new. Both true and fascinating.

alibongo001

True Greatape…………….but falls short of fascinating!
    🙂

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Its called the ‘bidding red mist’ where people decide they have to have whatever it is for whatever price and just keep piling in with bids right up to the last seconds.

Lost count of the amount of stuff I’ve sold second hand that people paid more than new on CRC, Wiggled etc.

WillH

Could be a scammer, using funds that aren’t theirs, so the cost is irrelevant.

The ridiculous price in Jamie’s image is because the item is out of stock, or the seller has sold the item elsewhere, but the auction is still live. Rather than pull the auction they just put an insane price so no-one will bid. If someone does bid, then they can obviously source one of the items at any (reasonable-ish) cost to satisfy the sale, and still make a huge profit. I’ve done it in the past to avoid fees for pulling an auction, when I sold something to a guy at work outside of ebay.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Haha. I have always sold fixed price, but reckon I might try auction format from now on.

Jamie
    Free Member

The ridiculous price in Jamie’s image is because the item is out of stock, or the seller has sold the item elsewhere, but the auction is still live. Rather than pull the auction they just put an insane price so no-one will bid. If someone does bid, then they can obviously source one of the items at any (reasonable-ish) cost to satisfy the sale, and still make a huge profit. I’ve done it in the past to avoid fees for pulling an auction, when I sold something to a guy at work outside of ebay.

Nah. It’s a right weird one. Guy with 1000-ish feedback, has 329k listings of complete randomness. Some are crazy prices, some almost normal.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bennys-bookstore?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

molgrips
    Free Member

I reckon a lot of money laundering is by people selling the same items over and over for high prices.

There’s a lot of high end Olympus lenses being ‘sold’ for 2x RRP – but still within the realms of high end camera kit.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Nah. It’s a right weird one.

amazon prime reselling

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Someone please explain ebay to me!’ is closed to new replies.