Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Some people just don't get autumn, do they?
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

A minor rain shower has just had bare-legged, flip-flopped, T-shirted and unjacketed people scurrying for shelter.

How did we lose our abilty to dress for the expected weather?

kayak23

Its a transitional period. Its always a quandry what to wear…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Yet the same people, usually teenagers, who wear nothing on their legs then suddenly wear fleecy hoodies, with the hood up, when there is hardly a coolness in the air. How will they cope when it gets properly cold?

rewski
    Free Member

Autumn?

unklehomered
    Free Member

bare-legged, flip-flopped, T-shirted

you’re not Yorkshire are you… Its 3 layers and the central heating on here at the moment. We do get Autumn, It lasts from June to December…

djflexure

Bare legs and flip flops are ace in the wet.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’m in the southern version of Yorkshire – West Sussex.

fasthaggis

A minor rain shower has just had bare-legged, flip-flopped, T-shirted and unjacketed people scurrying for shelter.

Tsk! First years

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Yet the same people, usually teenagers, who wear nothing on their legs then suddenly wear fleecy hoodies, with the hood up, when there is hardly a coolness in the air. How will they cope when it gets properly cold?

Do you live near a university? There seems to be an amazing number of students that wear flip flops and board shorts into the early winter (we are at least 60 miles from the nearest coast) and then equally confusingly also wear their wooly smurf hats right through the Summer.

I did have a theory that they are all foreign students from the southern hemisphere that got caught out by the change but there’s just too many of them for that to hold true.

binners

*re-arranges knackers in Speedo’s, tilts sombraro to a slightly jauntier angle*

samuri
    Free Member

People change their clothes throughout the year?

BoardinBob

I wear shorts 11 months out of 12

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Are you my postman?

druidh
    Free Member

It’s not autumn for another week or so.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Cue WhenDoesAutumnActuallyStart Argument!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Metrological autumn started on September the 1st.

fasthaggis

It’s not autumn for another week or so

and yet …

This weekend ,it’s winter bike out and summer bike away time.
    Drag the minky roubaix winter riding gear out of the attic,and pack away all the good stuff. 🙂

M6TTF
    Free Member

autumn? im still waiting for summer?!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

binners – Member
    *re-arranges knackers in Speedo’s, tilts sombraro to a slightly jauntier angle*

ohnohesback – Member
    Are you my postman?

😯

unklehomered
    Free Member

Since when do we believe a thing meteorologists say in this country?

ohnohesback
    Free Member
    Gweilo
    Free Member

I thought it had been Autumn since March….

Astronomically the autumn equinox happens on September 22nd at 14:48:55.4 UTC

I’ve gone for a compromise flip-flops and jeans and am more worried about which tyres to use this weekend….

joemarshall
    Free Member

It has been British Shorts Time since 25th March, it’s still British Shorts Time until 28th October.

And I went swimming outside yesterday, that’s how balmy it was here in Derbyshire.*

Joe

* actually it was 11 degrees air temperature, and the lake was blooming freezing, took a bit of time to work myself up to getting in once I’d put my speedos and goggles on!

nbt

yes, they begin to smell if you wear them for long enough. Shirts get changed every couple of days, underwear daily at least, Jeans might get two or three weeks use if I don’t spill anything

franksinatra

Some people just don’t get autumn, do they?

You are correct. Mainly people who live close to the equator

zippykona

Still t shirt and shorts in surrey.
    As an aside the ladies are breaking out the ugg boots and leggings.
    For gods sake will you at least try and look a bit elegant this winter. I enjoyed seeing the ladies in their summer dresses but the above mentioned, slung on with a hoodie really says I am f..king lazy and don’t give a s..t.
    Lets go back to the 60s when people knew how to dress.
    Rant over.

pitduck
    Free Member

I wear shorts pretty much all the time,oop north as well, dont really do cold,plus ("knackers")brilliant word beautifully used Binners I salute you 😆

binners

As an aside the ladies are breaking out the ugg boots and leggings. For gods sake will you at least try and look a bit elegant this winter.

Blimey! Compared to round here, that sounds like spending 3 hours in make-up. Ugg boots are traditionaly paired with some form of pink furry pyjamas, a pram-face and 20 lambert and butler

GrahamS

Ugg boots = Australian slippers

Why on earth do people think these are suitable for outdoor use in winter??

muckytee
    Free Member

bare-legged, flip-flopped, T-shirted and unjacketed people

These people are the optimists of our society, an Indian summer is going to happen in their minds.

Whereas I am sat in a nuclear bunker, wrapped up in layers of sheep skin and blankets.

Bunnyhop

Our postie managed to wear shorts throughout the whole year, even in quite deep snow (well for this country anyway) and -7.
    No ugg boots or flipflops though.

dirtydog
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

Why on earth do people women think these are suitable for outdoor use in winter??

Because they are mad!

johndoh
    Free Member

you’re not Yorkshire are you… Its 3 layers and the central heating on here at the moment.

Neither are you then – you must just be living here. If you are *from* Yorkshire you’d still be in a teeshirt come December.

johndoh
    Free Member

Australian Slapper slippers

unklehomered
    Free Member

Neither are you then – you must just be living here. If you are *from* Yorkshire you’d still be in a teeshirt come December.

Oh its a Yorkshire off is it???

Hubberholme Rules or are we playing by the Whitby Charter? 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Some people just don't get autumn, do they?’ is closed to new replies.